Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace and AWS Managed Grafana

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

How cool and ironic is that:

Dynatrace a new Amazon Managed Grafana partner !

I believe it was 2015 or so, when I (while working at Dynatrace) first integrated Dynatrace AppMon with Grafana by exporting the great metrics from AppMon to InfluxDB to be then visualized in Grafana (blog archive). Already back then then visualization power of Grafana had major advantages over AppMon.
I've continued this journey and migrated the SAP Commerce cloud 1.0 dashboards (based on Grafana) to leverage the new Dynatrace data, still by exporting Dynatrace data via it's API to a more powerful timeseries database (InfluxDB):

r_weber_0-1630516578554.png

While the data export was really powerful I talked to Grafana then and asked them to collaborate with Dynatrace to provide a native datasource plugin. That idea was picked up and today you can get a Dynatrace datasource plugin with your enterprise subscription to get the basic metrics directly from Dynatrace.

And FINALLY Dynatrace has officially picked up that great integration story! Whoohoo!

But we at 360Performance.net still have one extra that has not yet made it to this Datasource or Dynatrace. The missing Business Transaction data export that we fiddled into Dynatrace 😉

Great story! Happy to see!

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
2 REPLIES 2

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Very nice indeed!

Antonio Sousa

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

By the way.... the Dynatrace metric streamer is also available on the new Dynatrace Hub. This extension is based on the idea that started back then. If not used for visualization in Grafana there are a lot of other usecases for exporting metrics (examples listed on the hub page)!

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts