cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate Dynatrace with Mulesoft?

shalu882636
Newcomer

How can we do integration of dynatrace with mulesoft ? What are the benefits of it .

Our client is asking for it . Is there any document for same

40 REPLIES 40

david_lopes
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hello,

What products from Mulesoft? They have a lot! We have a nice extension that monitors Mulesoft Cloudhub, and you can see some details here https://www.dynatrace.com/hub/detail/mulesoft-cloudhub , you also can send an email to extensions@dynatrace.com with more details and we can help you from there.

can we install one agent directly on mulesoft server? is monitoring from one agent possible or only by activegate extension

Hi David ,

Our mulesoft application is hosted cloud-only. It is possible to monitor mulesoft application/system (hosted in cloud) with one agent also? or only it is possible by active gate extension

If it uses Cloudhub, only remotely (AG extension for example) as Mulesoft does not allow customers to change the container images they run, so you can't install an OneAgent.

I know that some Mulesoft customers have developed ways to get more insight remotely via JVM TI, but this is something you would need to discuss with Mulesoft further

Hi, @david_lopes , one client of ours is using the nice extension that monitors Mulesoft Cloudhub  but Mulesoft is enforcing the use of MFA and will become mandatory en Oct. 27 2022 in Europe and Oct. 29 2022 in US. with all that said the plugin is currently using Basic Authentication only so it will become obsolete on that days for all users.

I would like to know if there are any plans to adecuate the plugin to support Oauth 2 and obtain a token as login credentials?

For further reference here is the link to the information from Mulesoft (with all due dates):

https://help.mulesoft.com/s/article/MFA-requirement-for-all-MuleSoft-Anypoint-Platform-users

DanielS_0-1658246459515.png

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

We are in the process of rewriting the extension for the extension framework v2, and that will include log in via Oauth, it should be released before any of those dates later this year.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

We have a client with Mule and it is great! It runs on a Java JVM, so you get all the detail of what is running inside Mulesoft, including the usual Purepaths & Method Hotspots.

Antonio Sousa

So  what you can get is regular JVM parameters - all Java based parameters, Nothing Mule specific is exposed in  purepath and hotspot

Did you install one agent directly inside mulesoft server?

Yes, Linux server with OneAgent. No configuration needed, the Mule processes just started monitoring. We did have to make some naming changes, given the fact that we have several JVMs on the same host, and Dynatrace was joining them, but that was pretty straightforward.

Antonio Sousa

Thanks, Antonio for a quick reply. one more question

is your mule application hosted in cloud? 

actually, Our mulesoft application is hosted in cloud. It is possible to monitor mulesoft application/system (hosted in cloud) with one agent also.

In the case I'm following, it is on-prem. Is your mulesoft application running as a PaaS offering? If that's the case, you will most certainly not be able to install OneAgent...

Antonio Sousa

Thanks for your answers. We have PaaS version of Mulesoft and we integrated with Dynatrace , we are able to see the stats but It is grouping all the Services in one name (localhost). Is it possible to group per Mulesoft application name?

@smuthu 

In one case, we have done a split by the first two segments of the URL, and it seems to satisfy the users. Would also be interested in a more complete solution...

Antonio Sousa

Are you able to get the response codes on pure paths? We have installed dynatrace on our anypoint servers and we are able to view the requests but the response codes always show 200, even when the client sees 4xx or 5xx.

I m facing the same problem as being unable to find out the 4xx and 5xx responses for mule soft in Dynatrace. Can anyone help me out? 

I was told by support that they currently don't have the capability to get that information and a solution is to setup a supported proxy (nginx, apache, whatever you like) in front of mulesoft to get that data.

We haven't tried yet but I think that would do the trick.

We are about to launch a new extension built on the v2 framework that brings in response times, response codes, endpoint and API details

svenkit
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Is this extension for the on-prem version?

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi I've use it on both SaaS and OnPrem @svenkit 

svenkit
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Thanks. So, my client is using MuleSoft 4.3 on AWS servers and doesn't have Anypoint Cloud Hub in their landscape. Client is asking whether the v2 extension will work in that scenario.

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @svenkit I don't think you could use it in that scenario because when you configure it you only have this options:

DanielS_0-1681754896685.png

Mulesoft has several dozen products, the extension is only for Mulesoft Cloudhub. Which product are they running on AWS? Can you install the OneAgent there?

This is how mule works by default, 
I found that we can trace an "exceptions"
Dev team looking for customisation exceptions classes.
In this case it will be possible to filter exception types in multidimansional charts in the same way like http codes.

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

The extension for Mulesoft is now live: https://www.dynatrace.com/hub/detail/mulesoft-cloudhub-extension-v2/ 

Keep calm and build Community!

Are there plans to integrate with Mulesoft Anypoint MQ, so we can get metrics on queue depths?

There are no plans at this point, although we can work with you on a custom engagement to create an extension, if interested please reach out to extensions@dynatrace.com

There is definitely a biiiig opportunity for Anypoint MQ support. Their native observability is objectively bad.

johnroncaglione
Organizer

I know this is an older post, but does anyone have Dynatrace working with MuleSoft RTF running on prem?

Hi, @johnroncaglione the extension works with Anypoint not RTF, both on prem and SaaS.

@DanielS thanks for confirming the extension.

Has anyone successfully used the OneAgent on MuleSoft RTF servers?  When we have tried, the agent causes issues with MuleSoft.

Hello, I am new to Dynatrace and have a requirement to integrate Mulesoft RTF with Dynatrace. MuleSoft RTF is running on Azure Linux VMs (VN/bare metal model). Is it possible to do that?

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello, @david_lopes Are upcoming versions or current version of the extension compatible with Anypoint Mulesoft Cloudhub 2.0?

https://docs.mulesoft.com/cloudhub-2/

DanielS_0-1698086180221.png

@AntonioSousa 

No, the metric storage is different for 2.0.

We are actively looking for customers that want to collaborate on improving this extension, we need access to their environments to assess how to implement this support.

You can count on me 😁

Antonio Sousa

Ditto- more than happy to offer my enviro! We are the 2nd largest customer on CH2.

Hi @david_lopes 
For clarity, is this improvement for the Cloudhub extension expected to support v2.0?

administ25
Visitor

Hi all, I have a problem with the mulesoft extension, we can't see which internal host it talks to. we have mulesoft in the cloud, how can we see the interaction with our verticals?? help.

Helllo @administ25 you can select the ActiveGate group from where the extension runs. Inside the AG group you can have one server only.

jwest03
Observer

Hello, is there a solution coming for cloudhub v2? Team is upgrading from Mulesoft RTF to cloudhub v2 but extension only supports v1 and we need desperately to be able to monitor.

Featured Posts