cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolve a problem in Dynatrace when the incident is closed in ServiceNow

sonia_urbaneja_
Participant

Hello everyone,

we want to integrate Dynatrace with ServiceNow in otrder to create incidents in ServiceNow from problems generated in Dynatrace.

We would like to resolve the problem when the incident is closed and I think this feature is not included in Dynatrace-ServiceNow integration, so to achieve this objective would we use WSDL to call Dynatrace from ServiceNow and change the problem status?

Thank you in advanced for your help!

BR,
Sonia

8 REPLIES 8

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If you want your integration between ServiceNow and Dynatrace to behave this way, then you can use the Environment API for problems. You can then call Problems API - POST close operation to close an existing Problem in Dynatrace and add a comment to it.

Here is more information about the particular call and detailed description:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/extend-dynatrace/dynatrace-api/environment-api/problems/probl...

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Based on the question I believe that this is the answer you're looking for Sonia, as Wolfgangs answer is the other direction. You can customize the integration to do this, or reach out to the Dynatrace services team to do it for you.

Mike

Mike

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Dynatrace integration with ServiceNow automatically resolves incidents once the problem is closed on the Dynatrace side.

Thank you very much for this information.

BR,
Sonia

One more question

about this case.
To synchornize data from problems un DT and incidents in SN, a transform map is used.

What element is used to update from SN to DT?

BR,
sonia

Prathyusha
Visitor

Hello,

Can someone help me with the documentation which shows the configurations to be made in order to have the problems on Dynatrace resolved when the incident is closed in ServiceNow. Thank you.

Regards,

Prathyusha

Hi, there is no documentation for that. You'd have to add code on the ServiceNow side which listens to the closing of issues and then call the API that Julius linked to close the problem in Dynatrace.

Mike

Thank you Mike. Will try this.

Featured Posts