I will be replacing my ADS because it is running Windows 2003 and I have a few questions on the best steps to follow. (Note: The ADS contains a local database.)
Here is my plan.
1) Turn off data feed to the ADS in the RUM Console and publish the change.
2) Turn off the Compuware services on the existing ADS.
3) Take a full backup of the existing ADS database.
4) Install ADS component on new ADS machine, select new DB during install process (name DB the same as on the old ADS)
Question - Do I need to install any other components like CSS or Common Components.
Question - I assume I will need a new license file. Can I get the permanent key prior to installing the ADS software on the new server? Will I need to apply the new license file to my CAS?
5) Restore backup of DB from old ADS to new ADS.
6) Confirm the Compuware services are running on the new ADS.
7) Add the new ADS in the RUM Console and enable the data feeds.
In general your course of actions is OK with e following comments:
The entire process should be described in Migrating CAS to a New Platform (Local Database) chapter of our docs.
For the CSS, during the ADS installation process, it will ask you if you have an existing CSS or if you want to create a new CSS.
If you do have an existing ADS, you will need the server name or IP and the port number, which by default is 4182.