cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AMD Netflow Sniffing

deml
Guide

Can AMDs "sniff" netflow traffic mirrored to one of it's monitoring NICs? Or does the netflow traffic have to be sent to the communication NIC by the netflow exporter / router? I remember vaguely that sniffing netflow was an option with older AMD (maybe PLD, if anyone remembers that term) versions, but I cannot find anything about it in the 12.2 docs.

Thank you,

Stefan

3 REPLIES 3

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Stefan,

Take a look at AMD and Netflow thread. Please let us know if it answers your question.

Adam,

yes, I looked at this tread before posting - it confirms the option to send Netflow direktly to the communication NIC ("NFC receives its traffic through a communication interface").

But I was wondering if sniffing the Netflow traffic is an option as well - in our customers environment this would have some benefits: The whole traffic in/out of the datacenter is availabe at a gigamon device anyway - so if the AMD could "sniff" the netflow traffic from there, no additional netflow destination would have to be configured on the worldwide branch office routers. This would make it much easier to start with Netflow analysis in DCRUM. Can you comment if this is an option?

Thank you,

Stefan

wojciech_kurek
Inactive

Stefan,

No, sniffing netflow traffic is not an option with the NFC probe.

Regards,

Wojtek.