Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Process Alerting

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi All,

Can anyone help me create an alert for when the RTM process goes down in DCRUM? I see we have some pre-defined for CAS health and disconnects but we encountered a scenario where only the RTM process went down. Also for our set up we have a CAS farm that has a few CASes only for reporting, because of this we see a spam of AMD/ Probe not configured for this CAS even though there is no issue. Is there a work around to supress this message but still be notified if one of our secondary (processing) CASes goes down?

Best,

Kyle

6 REPLIES 6

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Kyle,

Please try the solution below:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/160/open-q-a_...

Thanks,

Harshal.

Unfortunately this did not help the first part of my question. The issue we saw was the RTMHS process (responsible for monitoring data) crashed but the other AMD services were still running so the alert didn't trigger (I checked the alert logs to see if anything did). The second is a little more nuanced, as the LOW_OPER_4_CAP_MOD alert covers all of the issues that could occur and it is normal for one of our CASes to not have an AMD connected to is.

martina_resutik
Inactive

Hi Kyle,

Based on recommendation from @Luke B., you can use the ootb alert LOW_OPER_4_SYS_MOD (this is the name in 12.4 at least) and filter description on *No contact with AMD*.

The issue is we never lost connection to the AMD, the RTMHS process was down not the RTMgate

Oh ok, that's a shame, in 12.3 there were health metrics checking RTM restart, but unfortunately I cannot find them in 12.4 anymore.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

@Adam P. got any suggestions?