cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD device is not responding

erenedo
Organizer

Hi,

When we try to record traffic from RUM Console we receive the following message: "AMD device is not responding". But if we launch tcpdump command it's capturing packets.

Launching ndstat command we watch RTM and Watchdog processes aren't running. We launch ndstop and the ndstart and now the three proccess (RTM, watchdog and Gate) are running. But if we launch ndstat again we see RTM and watchdog proccess aren't running again.

Launching rtm status we watch the following errors:

no capture devices configured

Receiver thread: capture init failed. Quitting

Launching rcon command and then any command like LAPP, LSESS, etc. we received "Could not connect to RMT".

zdata files aren't being generated since 6 days ago.

What it is happening?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Elena.

8 REPLIES 8

didier-externe_
Inactive

Hello,

Check the log file : /var/log/adlex/rtm.log

Have you enough space on your server ? use the commande : df -h

Best regards

Didier

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Elena,

If it was running fine in the past and you did not change any settings through 'rtminst' command, then open the rtm.log from /usr/adlex/log to understand the issue.

Secondly, you can rerun the rtminst to check is everything recommended have been selected or any noticeable change there.

Regards,

Babar

erenedo
Organizer

Hi Didier and Babar,

We have enough space on our server.

We attach the screenshot 17241-rtm-log.jpg in which you can see the error.

As you can see, it generates a core dump.

Sorry, we can't download the logs.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Elena.

Hello Elena,

Did you restart the host?

As I know that core dump shoule be one.

Regards,

Babar

With this kind of error, i generaly open a ticket to the dynatrace support.

They will ask you to send them your logs (they will give you the instructions to do this)

And then will be able to tell you if it is a known bug or not.
They will recommand you you upgrade your 12.4.6 AMD to the lastest version or give you a new developped version (with a patch for your bug).

Please open a P1 ticket with Support; even misconfigured, it should not be coring

-- Erik

erenedo
Organizer

Hi Babar,

The host was restarted and the issue persists.

Yes, we opened a ticket.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Best Regards,

Elena.

janusz_dabrowsk
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi I saw similar problem before. Maybe it's related with the fact that "Request URL" scope has never been supported by Classic AMD. I think it's already fixed in newer Console so console should prevent from this configuration. Please remove "Request URL" scope in HTTP configuration and see if problem persists. Anyway please upgrade DC-RUM to the most recent version available (12.4.12 currently)