cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD install issue on RHEL 7.2

rsouthern
Inactive

Creating a new AMD on RHEL 7.2. Since this was not installed with kickstart, I had to install all the packages. Went well and stated OK to install. During the install the following error messages came back: Any ideas? I had to install perl outside the package load and was successful.. Have to get this fixed in order to configure the AMD. Answers please!

THX

Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/local/share/perl5/rtmlib.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl5/rtmlib.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl5/supported_devs.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl5/supported_devs.pm line 18.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/adlex/rtm/bin/rtm.setup line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/adlex/rtm/bin/rtm.setup line 27.
Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/local/share/perl5/rtmlib.pm line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl5/rtmlib.pm line 19.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl5/ngsetup.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl5/ngsetup.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/adlex/rtmng/bin/load.drivers line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/adlex/rtmng/bin/load.drivers line 11.
Setting capabilities < cap_net_admin+ep > for command /sbin/ethtool

16 REPLIES 16

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Randy sounds like you're missing one of the Perl dependencies.

try:

yum install perl-Switch

(assuming you have either the Red Hat Network, or an internal Satellite server configured to provide the packages.)

If not you'll have to find the package, and copy it manually, then install with

rpm -i perl-Switch.versioninfo.rpm

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

to see if it's installed or not, run:

yum list | grep perl

and see if it's present:

rsouthern
Inactive

perl-Switch is installed. Retried install and came up with same error mesage. No missing packages show up when checking for missing deps. Not sure if it is an issue with 7.2? I will keep checking. If anyone has an idea, I am open to try it. THX

wperez
Inactive

Hello guys, these are two perl packages missing from RHEL7, it doesn matter if you iae the kickstart, they wont be installed unless you do it manually.

You just have to run the follwing command to know wich deps are missing on the RHEL for your AMD version.

./upgrade-amd-etc... --list-misssing-deps

This will list all deps missing from your RHEL installation.

Also running this would help you with some usefull installer commands to validate OS compatibility with your AMD

./upgrade-amd-etc... --help

I recommend to re run the installation with the kickstart to avoid missing packages. Those perl I mentioned before are not located on the RH media, just one the other one must be downloaded and installed manually before running AMD installation.

Regards

rsouthern
Inactive

Have already tried the missing deps and nothing shows up. --test-system also shows no issues. I did have to manually install the perl packages, and they all went in correctly. Even with no missing deps, I am receiving the error message I listed in the first listing. THere has to be some minimal thing I missed as these normally go very well. Any ideas?

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

My example screen shots are 7.2 so I don't think it's a RHEL specific issue.

rsouthern
Inactive

Good, now I have to see why I can/t install the AMD software and why it is crashing on the Switch.pm file? Might be a rights issue, but not sure what directories to increase rights? Any more ideas, anyone? THX

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I wonder if you didn't get the exact correct perl packages. You said you downloaded and installed them. I usually enable the RHEL Server Optional Repository for the system. Then run:

./upgrade-amd-etc... --install-deps-from-net

That way I KNOW I have the correct package installed for my system. I've installed a 12.4.1 system on RHEL 7.2 and it worked fine. I don't think there is a problem with the install process, maybe just a specific rpm you installed.

rsouthern
Inactive

John, I installed all the normal packages with the --install-deps-from-net, then found the one missing package was the perl package. DId a YUM install and didn't find it, so I checked what package was needed and dpownloaded it, then installed with rpm. I will try to uninstall the perl packages and reinstall and see what happens.

THis AMD is a virtual that I am only using for replay. Might have some stake in the game here?

THX

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Sorry, should have suggested that - uninstall the package(s) you manually installed - then upgrade with --install-deps-from-net.....

rsouthern
Inactive

I believe theperl one is not in the repository? Will check when I can uninstall. Interesting that the test-system states all packages are installed and ready to install RTM?

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Perl is not in the default repositories or on the installation media. You have to enable the server optional repository:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Adding+Missing+Software+After+Red+Hat+Enterprise+Linux+7+Kickstart+Installation

rsouthern
Inactive

Tried to uninstall perl-S* packages. Says they are not installed. Tried to install with rpm -ivh and yum install. Bath say the perl-S* package is installed. Conflicting answers? I just iuninstalled the RTM software. Ran a --test-system and says all is well. Reinstallede RTM and got same answer. Issue with the Switch.pm file. Ideas?

rsouthern
Inactive

After uninstalling all theperl packages and reinstalling them, three times, I downloaded a different per-Switch rpm. Didn;t find one for RHEL7, but used one for RHEL6. Reinstalled and it seems to have worked so far.

Now I have an issue with the rtmgate not starting. All the other processes are running. here is the rtmgate.log entry: Any ideas on this issue?

[root@rhel-dcrum-amd adlex]# tail rtmgate.log
unable to parse -
Error while preparing server.xml config file, command=xsltproc --stringparam http_port 9091 --stringparam https_port '' /usr/adlex/rtm/bin/setport.xsl /usr/adlex/config/tomcat/server-default.xml | xsltproc /usr/adlex/rtm/bin/disable_shutdown_port.xsl - | xsltproc -o /usr/adlex/config/tomcat/server.xml /usr/adlex/rtm/bin/set_uri_encoding.xsl -
[root@rhel-dcrum-amd adlex]#

alvin_chong
Newcomer

i only install this 2 perl packages:-
- perl-Switch-2.16-7.el7.noarch.rpm
- perl-XML-Simple-2.20-5.el7.noarch.rpm
and it works..

m_larocca
Newcomer

Hi, i solved this same issue about Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5.........

uninstalling the Perl* packet from the server and re-installing the perl-Switch and the other Perl* request:
Perl-Env

perl-Switch

perl-XML-Parser

perl-XML-Simple

after i run again ./upgrade-amdclassic-amdos7-x86_6...... and it's worked fine!