cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD snmp monitoring 12.4.10

benjamin_johnso
Organizer

We are looking to configure snmp monitors for the AMDs; however, using the guide here:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Configuring+SNMP+Traps+on+AMD

It states that we should edit

/usr/adlex/config/pldmonitor.config

However, that file does not exist in any of our AMD's (version 12.4.10). Has anyone configured snmp monitoring for this AMD version?

6 REPLIES 6

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

Hi

I checked in a fresh 12.4.6 and it wasn't there either.

In a 12.3.2 that was upgraded it existed but I can't really tell if it was there from the 12.3 install or a remnant of an earlier install.

I wonder if SNMP has become "collateral damage"?

Better open a ticket and post the response here 🙂

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi! We removed the custom SNMP extensions on the AMD, so the page you're referring is no longer relevant. It should've been removed once 12.4 was released, sorry about that. You can still use the standard SNMP monitoring without the specific AMD metrics.

The functionality was replaced with the extensive AMD diagnostics available in the CAS, see AMD Statistics.

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

OK - a bit unfortunate as most AMD's are handled by some other operations team as they are based on RH, and they wanted information from the AMD's into their system - even if the CAS data is superior.

benjamin_johnso
Organizer

OK thanks - I'll review the link provided, but how would we get alerts based on specific AMD metrics? (we were looking to at least use the heartbeating trap into our alerting framework)?

You can use the standard Linux SNMP monitoring to receive the heart beating notifications.

You can also use the DC RUM Alert system, configure your own alerts based on the metrics of your choice ane let the CAS send SNMP notifications to the defined trap recipients. See Defining trap clients

Thanks for the info - I tried to create a new alert for AMD metrics (like CPU for example), but the only alert types I could create, were based on the monitored traffic/application - nothing for the health of DCRUM itself?