cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Ability to Group results of a DMI query

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi All,

Thought I should post it here before I submit an RFE for this.

A customer would like to be able to group the results of a DMI report. 

ie: Browser Hardware dimension, would like to be able to report operations, operation times for iPhones and all other phones as All Other. As you can see this looks like a regular business reporting use case. Surprised that DMI does not have anything for this OOB.

I've tried creating user-defined metrics, capturing user-agent details, running around in circles, but none of them give me the above mentioned reporting flexibility. Given that we are trying to push customers to use DMI over EP, this look like a feature DMI must have, please let me know if anyone else managed to get this working in anyway.

Thanks,

Sid

5 REPLIES 5

Sid,

what you can do is to show two tables - one for iPhone and the other for the others. 

Can you explain or show how can you create such a report in EP within one table? The reason I am asking is that EP actually calls DMI report queries, unless it taps on to BSM data which gives it certain capabilities which are not possible in DCRUM.

Best,

Sebastian

MichaelFerguson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Sid,

I think we can do what your looking for in one report.    Simple example that you can work with.

In the subject data section pick the dimension such as Client Hardware and make it filter and pick iPhone and add operations & operation time.   Then in the benchmark section pick "Software Service, operation, and site data" as your benchmark data view, not "Software Service, operation, and site data baselines".   Then in Client Hardware Filter pick Iphone but make it !=.   and pick operations and operation time as the metrics.    Then go to the result display section and make sure all the metrics will be shown,  and then click on the metric icon metric name icon and select the table header tab and rename your metrics accordingly

Example for a table Report...

Operation Time =  Operation Time - iPhone

Operations =  Operations - iPhone

Operation Time Benchmark =  Operation Time - All other Mobile Devices

Operations Benchmark = Operations - All Other Mobile Devices

If you add time that will work also,   If you need a chart I think you would just General Alias which will only change the metric names for that report section.

Thanks,

Mike

sid_govindu
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Thanks for the input guys, 

Unfortunately we need both of them on same table (comparison between iPhone and rest) AND we need to be able to display non iPhones as "All Other".

Getting the required data is not an issue but being able to display it to executives in a way they understand is.

Sebastian - I haven't tried this in EP, I was asked to encourage all customers to move away from EP given the flash issues we've had with it. Do you want me to make this an RFE?

Thanks,

Sid

MichaelFerguson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Sid,

The approach I outlined allows you to have them in the same table unless I misunderstand what you mean the same table.    Did you try it?

Regards,

Mike 

Sid, 

you will need to enter RFE for that. 

When you do please make sure to give examples from the EP if the rationale behind this RFE would be to recreate existing EP reports in CAS. 

As I'm responsible for handling use cases from customers transitioning from EP to CAS, please let me know if there are any other cases where EP reports can't be recreated in DMI. 

S.