cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Cluster and remote database

shuai_mao
Inactive

We have two CASes in load-balancing mode, and one remote database.

Primary CAS with IP1 and start with domain user, Node CAS with IP2 and start with local user, Database with IP3 and has a share folder which named bulkinsert.

So, I have two questions:

1. Node CAS and Primary CAS are not in the same domain, what can I do to let Bulk Insert feature work?

2. For the scenario, do the two CASes should use the same bulk insert folder or each of them use there own folder?

Looking forward to someone can help me.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Frank

If you want to put the share on the DB server then both CAS servers must run under a service account.

I would then put two separate shares on the DB and point each to their own.

Alternatively if the secondary CAS can't run as a service account then you can flip this round. Put the shares on the CAS servers and give the DB user access to them.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Alasdair

"Put the shares on the CAS servers and give the DB user access to them."

I normally do this, the CAS/ADS upgrades have a habit of forgetting the service account on the services (returning to 'System'), leaving bulk insert broken. Having SQL accessing the shares avoids this.

@Chris V - have you done any performance comparison on the 2 approaches?

Performance and reliability tests have been done, and having the bulk insert share on the SQL host was both faster and more reliable in the tests.

-- Erik

Good - then we "only" need to pursuade the DBA's.

Hi,

I would arrange one share (eg. \\<dbserver\BulkInsert$) with TWO sub-directories, one for each CAS. They can not share the same folder.

The requirement of a service account has been stated already above.

(Thanks , Chris, for solving that mystery ;-))

hi Frans,

the folders' name must be bulkinsert$ or can be customized?

Thanks

hi,

the folder name can be anything you like.

Since I like to let this share be hidden (share with $ as last character), I named it like that.

Ok, thank you.