cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SAP packaged application fails to create correct Applications/Transactions in CAS

henk_stobbe
Mentor

in version 12.3.5

5 REPLIES 5

henk_stobbe
Mentor

After creating the packaged application, there are modules not connected to a Software Services.

pawel_siwek1
Inactive

Hi Henk,

Can you provide more details on the problem?

Packaged Application for SAP should create Applications per each SAP module (Sales and Distribution, Materials Management etc) that are linked to SAP front-end server software services (either GUI or GUI over HTTP) and mapped by module name. The other mappings are on the Step level where each step is linked into particular T-Code it is representing.

Additionally if you have selected RFC or Database software services in Packaged Application wizard it should be also included within Business Units.

Regards,

Pawel

Pawel,

All above has been done, your collega's advised me to send a trace so you could see what crypt is used in the SAPGUI (SNC), so we can speed-up implementation when we receive the key(s) from customer.

So I am told you can look in the packet, and give me advice how to implement key in AMD

KR Henk

pawel_siwek1
Inactive

Henk,

Before looking deeper into the trace file - which option of Packaged Application wizard have you used to configure SAP? Being specific - have you used the option 'Automatically discover applications by analyzing current network traffic profile' and auto-discovered SAP software services this way, or otherwise?

And what does it mean that modules are not connected to software services?

regards,

Pawel

henk_stobbe
Mentor

Pawel,

Customer was using encryption for the SAPGIU (SNC), this caused all kinds of strange behavoir. Simply put no operations were captured...

When you tcpdump with rcon, you can see the letters SNC in the packets, or you can ask customer,

Sorry for the confusion, FTY the DB2 database used can not be added with te Package Application wizzard,

KR Henk