cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Propagation Settings

zbigniew_zegals
Newcomer

Hello

Which propagation settings are correct for this alert? (see picture alert.jpg - Attachment)

Thanks in advance for a quick answer

ZZ

5 REPLIES 5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Zbigniew,

You can choose comparison as per your need explained below. As per your screenshot you can go with a single mode but raise after 3 to 5 intervals instead of 1.

A comparison mode describes how the metric value should be compared against threshold value. There are three modes to choose from: single, absolute, and relative. The default is single mode, which works as follows:

• If only a value condition is specified, the current value of the metric being monitored is compared with a threshold value specified in this condition.
  • If a baseline condition is specified, the current value of the metric is compared with the baseline value multiplied by the baseline multiplier.

Review the below link for configuring trigger conditions for alerts.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

zbigniew_zegals
Newcomer

Hi Babar

Thank you for answer

I do not quite understand your explanation.
Condition is configured, given and fulfilled (see the picture) in periods 2-4, 9,11,18-23,29-30,32-33 and 39. It should trigger an alert email only in periods 2,9 , 11,18,29,32 and 39.
Is it possible or not?
Which propagation settings are necessary?

Regards, ZZ

Hello Zbigniew,

I believe we cannot achieve simply from the propagation settings unless we send the incidents to some other third party event management to control the flow of alerts and then forwarded on the defined intervals.

Review the below link for the available alert propagation settings.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DCRUM124/Modifying+alert+propagation+settings?ga_src=map&ga_cmpt=rumconsole

Regards,

Babar

mark_gerards
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Zbigniew,

The following needs to be set:

• Raise after 1, to trigger an alert when the condition is met for at least one monitoring interval. In your situation it will trigger at 2, 9, 11, 18,29,32,39
  • Cancel after 1, alert will deactivated when the condition is not met for at least one monitoring interval. In your situation it will cancel at 5, 10, 12, 24, 31, 34
  • Abort after 60 minutes or higher. This is used when the condition is constantly met. In your example there is no situation that it will trigger an abort

The mail will only be send when you defined in the notifications section that you want to receive an email. And it will send after the first interval the condition is met and the alert is started.

Kind regards,

Mark

zbigniew_zegals
Newcomer

Hello Mark

Many Thanks
I find this explanation very helpful.
I'll set it up like this.

Kind regards
ZZ