Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on all HTTP errors but excluding HTTP 410

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I'm creating some alerts but want to exclude operations with specific HTTP errors like 410.
Is this possible?

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

david_n
Inactive

Hello Rodrigo,

You can create a web request response status code or a HTTP response status code measure and set the evaluation to not equals or not contains. You should then be able to add this measure to the same incident with the and logic and test to see if it works.

Let me know if that works,

David Nicholls

Hello David,
Thank you for your answer but Im asking about DCRUM 😉

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Rodrigo

I haven't tested this but it should work.

First in the global AMD settings configure HTTP client errors - category 3 with all the error codes you want to exclude. Such as your 410.

The reason for this is there are four categories of HTTP client errors (4xx). Which are

1. HTTP Unauthorized (401, 407) errors
  2. HTTP Not Found (404) errors
  3. HTTP client errors (category 3) - By default, there is no specific error type assigned here.
  4. HTTP Other (4xx) errors - Contains all errors that do not fall into any other client errors categories.

So by specifying 410 and any others you want in HTTP client errors (category 3) you remove it from HTTP Other (4xx) errors so you can then just alert on that metric. You can also then adjust your availability settings so the 410s are not marked as failures.

Take note : The settings are global, which means that they apply to all analyzers reporting information on HTTP errors: HTTP, Oracle Forms, XML, and SOAP

So to do this

In global AMD settings edit HTTP client errors - category 3 ( i know the name is wrong)

add any codes you want to exclude

Then configure you alert for the metric HTTP Other client errors (4xx)

Hope this helps

Regards

Alasdair