cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert processing Failed, Unable to send Alert Email ( i need config on my ESM Console Server SMTP to send alert)

ccarrasco
Inactive

MRs,

i do the upgrade and migrate the versión ESM to 12.3.9 to 12.4.5 and change the server, but i don't now what happend with the alert send from ESM Console.

now my server stop de alert processing, but never send me a email. alert.

We need config alert with de DCRUM Console o CAS server?

how can config a server SMTP to send alert from console?

On my folder

E:\ProgramData\Compuware\Synthetic Monitoring\Data\Dumps\Alert-Queue

have many files alert, but not send anybody.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

carol_ott
Inactive

Hi. Thanks for posting your concern. In 12.4.5, the health alerts are from the Agent Manager; all other alerts are from the CAS. Please ensure that your SMTP service is correct on your Agent Manager. The health alerts are sent through SMTP. If this does not correct the problem for you, please open a support ticket.

The alerts in your queue are not health alerts, but autocheck transaction alerts. Please confirm that your release is 12.4.5. Autocheck alerts are handled by the CAS in 12.4.5.

Carol O, thanks for your help. But where can found this configuration, on the documentation about ESM, Meybe need config server like a Email server?

i have a relay server for send email alert, but where can config that?

Like this?

thanks.

Carlos Carrasco.

Hi. You do not need to configure it in the Console; what you are looking at in the Console is for Autocheck configuration. You only need to have your SMTP server properly setup on the Agent Manager's OS. Thanks!

You have changed server.

Likely you have to add/configure the SMTP Server (Tools) feature.

What Windows Server version are you on?

On Windows Server 2012, you need the the 'Web Server (IIS)' server role, with Web Server and Management Tools, including 'IIS 6 Management Compatibility'.

And the 'SMTP Server Tools' Feature, under Remote Server Adm Tools> Feature Admin Tools.

Windows 2008 is similar but slighty different.

When you have that, you have to configure an SMTP service through IIS 6.0 Manager.

Frans S,

thanks for your answer, it's all ready my alert.

Im, add the feature SMTP Server, and add the server realy, and then arrive the alert on my email.

if you need know how can do that, can you search in google, watch the follow pictures,

install feature SMTP Server then you can configuration SMTP Virtual Server.

like the picture.

2017-04-25-10-48-19.png

Do I understand correctly that your issue is solved now?
Then this Question can be closed.

Extra tip: Under Messages tab, define a Badmail directory on another drive than C: (for example D:\inetpub\mailroot\Badmail). In case something is not working right, at least ESM messages will not fill up your OS drive (C:)

ccarrasco
Inactive

Yes, you can clase this issues