cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Automated exporting report into xml/csv

muhamadharith
Inactive

Hi,

I'm still new in DC RUM environment. I need to come out with the way on how to schedule the report and export it to outside, in xml/csv format (exclude the email scheduling). Or at least save it in disc in xml/csv format automatically.

I have found in Tool-->DMI-->export/import, but it is manually export to xml.

Is it possible to do the automation?

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. Appreciate all the help. Tq in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

luke_boyling
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Muhamad,

The way to accomplish saving a CSV export of the data of a report to disk automatically, and to export the file to other locations or systems (not through email) is to use Task scheduling. This requires creating an XML file in the CAS config folder (there's no GUI option). The linked documentation page has a task definition example section, with an example of such a scheduled task and explanation of what it does, so I recommend taking some time to read the page.

The Tools-->DMI-->export/import feature is used to export the report definition, and doesn't export the data from running the DMI report.

If you have further questions after reading the documentation, don't hesitate to reply. This is an advanced configuration function of DCRUM, and it can take some effort to get things right.

Regards,

Luke

himanshumor
Inactive

Hi Guys ,

Tool-->DMI-->export/import provides report definition but not an actula report with data.

any other way to get Compete report data in excel/cs ?

Regards

HImanshu Mor