cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability (total app, etc) and explanations of which metrics contributes to what

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Hi,

The documentation is not very clear about what contributes to what with regards to Availability of different kinds:

Previously there was this schematic (see below) with some explanations. But I am not able to find this for 12.4

10 REPLIES 10

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Also Failures (transport) mentions Incomplete responses, but as you can see there are more incomplete responses than there are failures transport in this instance:

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi Tarjei,

if you need such information just go to DMI -> Create a DMI -> click on Help just like in the screenshot below:

and you'll find all the detailed descriptions for the Availability metrics:

Hope that helps.

Ciao, Raff

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

@Tarjei U., I can't see the schematic you're referring to (broken image). I'm actually working on this right now, we should have something more substantial and up to date in following weeks.

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Which metrics does Failurs transport consist of?

It is not very clear in the documentation. @Jaroslaw O. What is the status on the more substantial thing you mentioned?

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

@Tarjei U. I'm pasting the answer from the doc space:

The HTTP errors of your choice (as defined in RUM Console) generally cause the failed operation to be classified as Failures (transport). Note however that Failures (TCP) have a higher priority and if both happen at the same time, a HTTP error will not be calculated as a Failure (transport) even if the AMD recorded it. This may be the reason why you see more incomplete responses than failures transport. You should also pay attention to the option controlling the classification. By default it is only for errors occurring in the base hit of the operation and for a monitored URL only (configured or auto-learned).

As far as the availability doc update, it is competing with other tasks, but still should be ready in a matter of weeks.

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

So given this statistic (https service 5 minute interval, oob availability conifg)

What would you say the 5 Failures (transport) conssists of?

The only explanation I can think of is that 5 of the 8 incomplete responses caused the transport failures. The remaining three might have occurred outside the base hit or for a not monitored URL. It's only a speculation though, I'm about to consult the dev on it.

@Tarjei U., the development confirms this could be the case, so it seems I wasn't really speculating after all 🙂 On top of what I wrote before, you should also consider the fact that in the default configuration the only incomplete responses taken into account are 'Aborted response' and 'Aborted
response (standalone hit)' but only for the base hit + monitored url condition.

thun
Advisor

We have this image for explaining errors and available. Maybe it is helping

Excellent, I'm going to steal this one 🙂