cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BsRtmJob - Details

mmeraj
Inactive

Hi,

I want to what exactly this particular task "BsRtmJob" does during the CAS service startup and how to manually kill the task to speedup the startup.

The CAS logs shows "BsRtmJob is waiting for :RtmJob" .. this takes considerable time is displaying data in CAS overview.

is there any way to manually kill or stop this task?

is there any way to schedule this task to execute after the service has started completly and data is shown on RUM overview?

Thanks & Regards,

Meraj

18 REPLIES 18

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This is basic and essential internal part of the CAS server responsible for initializing all the data and caches and cannot be turned off. 

If that takes long time it means that CAS needs to load many data. For instance, the most data to load for server is at 23:55 - it needs to load all the data that was processed for the whole day in order to run reports for "today" time range quickly.

Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

joakim_jansson
Newcomer

I've had this in my logfile all day, is there a way to speed up or configure diffrently to get this task/job to go faster?

BsRtmJob is waiting for :Object, Object, Object, Object, Object, InconsistentDictionaryException

Regards Jocke

That would require support ticket that I see you have already created.

michael_joseph_
Organizer

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same inconsistentDictionaryException and I've been working with support and haven't received an answer.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

To fix this problem please install SP6 and after server restart it will automatically execute DICTIONARY CHECK command in CAS diagnostic console and once found the problem (inconsistentDictionaryException) it will stop processing data files and write in server.log information about necessity of running DICTIONARY FIX command in http://CAS/DiagConsole#/diag console. This + server restart will fix the issue.

We already have SP6 installed and have rebooted serveral times with no luck.

Ok, this fix is for:

BsRtmJob is waiting for :Object, Object, Object, Object, Object, InconsistentDictionaryException

error, but looking at the extract from server.log it might be different issue.

michael_joseph_
Organizer

E DB 15-12-11 12:55:28.550 Exception in select:SELECT row_id,addr_svr,dns_name,dns_time,group_svr,url_id,resolving_forbidden,aggregated,mask_length,aux_key FROM RtmServer (NOLOCK) . Ex Operation 6011313 for server 9235254 does not exist!
ident: 9235254
ip: 10.10.241.172
dName: j201mh22.ourdomain.com
dTime: Tue Dec 08 02:00:10 CST 2015
gr: 5078
uId: 6011313
aggregated1: false
maskLength1: -1
auxKey:

E ADM 15-12-11 12:55:28.550 adlex.rtm.dictionary.diag.InconsistentDictionaryException: Operation 6011313 for server 9235254 does not exist!
ident: 9235254
ip: 10.10.241.172
dName: j201mh22.ourdomain.com
dTime: Tue Dec 08 02:00:10 CST 2015
gr: 5078
uId: 6011313
aggregated1: false
maskLength1: -1
auxKey:

at adlex.rtm.repository.PersistentServer.lambda$select$158(PersistentServer.java:173)
at adlex.delta.server.repository.Query$MyQueryHandle.getRow(Query.java:1014)
at adlex.delta.server.repository.NdQuery.select(NdQuery.java:322)
at adlex.delta.server.repository.Query.doDirectSelect(Query.java:541)
at adlex.delta.server.repository.Query.doSelect(Query.java:512)
at adlex.delta.server.repository.Query.doSelect(Query.java:498)
at adlex.rtm.repository.PersistentServer.select(PersistentServer.java:158)
at adlex.rtm.repository.PersistentServer.initCache(PersistentServer.java:248)
at adlex.rtm.jobs.CacheInit.init(CacheInit.java:38)
at adlex.rtm.jobs.RtmJob.<init>(RtmJob.java:195)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at adlex.delta.server.jobs.Job.InitJobs(Job.java:212)
at adlex.delta.server.Admin.startServer(Admin.java:581)
at adlex.delta.server.Admin.main(Admin.java:336

If I look at the DB tables the are named delta.TableName and this query statement doesn't include the "delta."

I've run the dup-url-fix.sql script and rebooted and it appears to have resolved the issue. I no longer see the inconsistency detected and appears to be processing.

Looks like it becomes known issue.

Next time it will happen please do DICTIONARY CHECK / DICTIONARY FIX and provide ExportConfig.zip then to Support as both these commands and the script you used only fixed the results of the issue not the root cause.

wendy_goh
Newcomer

Hi,

I have encountered the same issue. Where can I run the "Dictionary Fix" command? I can see the "Dictionary Check" command in the list but not "Dictionary Fix". Please advise. Urgent as in the middle of POV and the delay in processing has been increasing.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ok, I have found it. The issue is fixed.

Make sure to get fresh ExportConfig.zip and deliver it to the Support as these commands only fix the results of the problem and we know so far only about few root causes (already fixed), looking for more.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Dear Adam,

We also have a same issue. You can see the processing status error.

How we can resolve quickely? We are using SP6.

I started Dictionary Fix execution and it is running from more than 2 hours.

So I suppose you have big DB ... I would wait patiently.

When done please log a support ticket afterwards with fresh ExportConfig.zip so we can ensure the problem indeed is fixed for 100%. Otherwise it may reocur.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Adam,

I reaceived a message after execution the dectionary check but I clicked on OK and it contined.

Is this general behaviour or something wrong with the execution.

Regards,

Babar

Please log a support ticket ASAP with as many logs as you can grab.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you see:

error in server.log log a support ticket ASAP with ExportConfig.zip.