Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Transactions for Oracle EBS (OracleForms) App and JOLT

praveen_begur
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi,

I am in a POC of where DC RUM is monitoring Oracle EBS and Peoplesoft.

The reported operation names in OracleForms is very technical and doesnt provide much business context. The task and module names are slightly better and show a few business like names.

My Questions are:

1. What the common practice for configuring Business Transactions in OracleForms and JOLT traffic?

2. Should I use Operations or Tasks or Modules? 

3. Is there a way to select a unique combination of Module + Task + Operation to create a Business Transaction?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Praveen,

regarding (3) - currently it is not possible to define a business unit (Tier/Application/Transaction/Step) based on a combination (logical product) of rules, but only in union (logical sum).

But the good news is that in 12.3, and most likely in upcoming service packs 12.1.3 and 12.2.1, it will be possible to define a business unit based on a combination of rules: this way you will be able to create a Transaction based on Module + Task + Operation.

Best,

Sebastian

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I can confirm that the feature is going to be included in 12.1.3. 

Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

tarjei
Organizer

Is this a possibility? Ie: To combine Task / Module / Operation into a Business Transaction?

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Talking about Oracle EBS: I encourage you to take part in the following early access program: Consolidated Oracle Applications and Oracle Forms Performance Dashboard

This way, you can test the new DC RUM capability before it's generally available.

Best regards!

Karolina

Keep calm and build Community!