cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

CAS Metric of "number of failed tests" from Synthetic (SaaS)

rodrigo_alvare1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello,

I want to show in a CAS dashboard, the number of Synthetic tests (SaaS) executed and the number of failed tests.

I'm using the Data view: Synthetic Monitoring test data. I can use the metric "numbers of tests" but there is no "number of failed tests". Just number of failing objects and pages.

Is there some way to show the number of failed tests? (As I know that this information is showed also in the portal).

The version of the CAS is 12.3.7.

Regards,
Rodrigo

1 REPLY 1

dean_camenzuli
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi Rodrigo,

From what I understand, the only way to see a failed test is if you're using Enterprise Synth, as it generates files that feed directly into the CAS. Using Synth (SaaS), DC RUM just picks up in the header that it's a bot, but cannot see what the actual test it's running is. Due to this, it wouldn't see the number of failed tests, just as you said above, the failing objects and pages.

I wasn't able to find any documentation on the community about the way data is fed through to the CAS, but saw that your question was unanswered, so thought I should add what I understand about how it works.