cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

CSS for Linux 12.4.5?

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Hi, I see that CSS is not available for Linux in version 12.4.5, is this something that will arrive? Or is it discontinued?

6 REPLIES 6

raffaele_talari
Inactive

Hi @Tarjei Utnes,

I believe you will find useful the following page:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Raff

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Well it was a useful page, but it doesnt say anything regarding Linux and CSS as far as I can tell? There is support for Linux and version 12.3.7 of CSS, but that is not listed on that page.

@Tarjei Utnes,

As far as I know there's no linux support for CSS version 12.4.5 also according to the information reported on the official documentation, but let's wait to hear more from dev or senior colleagues.

Ciao, Raff

jaroslaw_orlows
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The CSS fork distributed with DC RUM is supported on Windows only since 12.4.0. The information you're looking for is here: Release to release Changes and Differences

CSS distribution

Central Security Server distributed with DC RUM is only supported for installation on Windows and with Microsoft SQL Database. Linux and Unix based systems and Oracle databases are not supported. To use CSS on these platforms, you need to install the CSS distributed with BSM.

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Can someone answer this with a yes or no? I see that @Jaroslaw Orlowski writes something about CSS for linux is bundled with BSM. But from what I hear BSM is coming in version 12.4 soon. Does this mean that CSS will be coming for linux 12.4 soon also?

@Tarjei U., I talked to the BSM development and the statement in the doc is unfortunately farfetched. That was the original plan, but never materialized. The BSM 12.4 is released soon, however, the BSM bundled CSS will stay at 12.3.x not to cofuse it with the DC RUM bundled CSS. It will work with BSM 12.4 but will be blocked by RUM Console 12.4.x. In fact, DC RUM 12.4.x was never tested with Linux CSS. The only supported
option for customers with DC RUM 12.4.x and BSM 12.3.x and higher is to have
two separate CSSes. We also do not provide means to sync or migrate data between MSSQL and Oracle databases.

I'm changing info in the docs.