cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can I reverse the interval monitoring change ?

irahn
Contributor

Can I reverse the interval monitoring change ?, I changed the interval to 1 minute, but I have delay in performance data processing, I wanted to return to 5 minutes, but I lost the monitoring.

3 REPLIES 3

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Ingrid,

I need to ask couple of additional questions to understand the problem completely:

What do you exactly mean by "lost the monitoring"? Could you please describe issue with more details?

Do you have one or more probes attache dto your NAM server. Or any other data sources (ESM, AppMon...?) If answer is more than one, my next question is if you changed monitoring interval for all data sources or for one probe only ?

Thank you in advance for all the information, I believe it would allow us to reproduce probalem and go back to you with a solution

Best Regards,

Jacek

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Ingrid,

I just wanted to let you know, that we managed to reproduce the issue in the lab. It looks like root cause of the problem is fact, that there are devices with different monitoring interval attached to the same NAM Server

As a workaround I would recommend to detach all devices producing 5 minutes intervals samples (not only probes, it includes also APPMon if you have it in your environment) from the NAM server and attach them again after short moment

Best Regards

Jacek

Thank you. !! I Detach all devices, I attach them again and it worked!