cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I write a report on DMI Report activity

bob_zins
Helper

I would like to create a report that will give me a list of all the DMI reports we have, the section they are in and the last time they were run.  A couple of years ago, a Guardian was on-site and generated such a report for me, but I can not not find it.  I'm not sure if she create a SQL report for me or a standard DMI report.  Is such a report possible?

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Bob,

Go to CAS->Tools->Diagnostics->DMI Performance and explore DMI Report Performance and DMI Performance Details tabs.

Is it what you're looking for?

You can edit it, modify and save as your costum report.

bob_zins
Helper

Close, but this looks like a list of the reports run today.  I'm trying to get a list of reports that have not been run in a "long" time.  Even if I changed the timeframe to 30 days, I was hoping I did not have to cross reference this report  against a list of all reports.  Is there a way to get a list of all reports and the last execute date?

Indeed Web Server Log looks to be only for today. Let me find out more info.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I'm sorry, indeed that's all we have.

I'm very curious to see the solution Guardian gave you ...

on the other hand you're more than welcome to file an enhancement.

flora_huang22
Inactive

Hi Bob,

I looked at my archieve and confirmed that the report I gave you is a customized version of "CAS->Tools->Diagnostics->DMI Report Performance". It has 3 columns:

• Report Name
  • Hits
  • Avg Server Time

I choose last 30 days for time range, so that DMI reports never been hit during last 30 days are subject to cleanup.

To the section name in specific, I checked the DB schema of v12.1 which I believe you are running right now, Adam is basically right, there is no way to get section information coz it's not even being recorded in the DB.

To get the last time one report was run, just refine the report and add the "Hit Time" dimension.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Flora