cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can anybodu explain missing day statistics?

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

In below charts I have a complete 30 days Usage vs operations, but the other three only have only 12 days, what could have happened?

6 REPLIES 6

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I think you forgot to attach your screenshot of the chart. Off the top of my head, what level of granularity are you using? For instance, if you are setting it to a resolution of one period (5 minutes) those will not exist for 30 days by default as this would increase the size of the database considerably. Try setting the resolution higher.

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi Shane,

Below the chart (-;

I also put in the resolution 1 day - 30 days

Thx for responding!

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Henk,

The list of all possible time ranges is divided into three sections: Current, Recent, and Historical.

Current

• Last monitoring interval – The last closed monitoring interval (5 minutes, by default).
  • Last one hour – The last hour, ending at the closure of the last monitoring interval. If 60 minutes is not an exact multiple of the length of a monitoring interval, this period is the maximum multiple of the monitoring interval shorter than one hour.
  • Last 4 hours – The last four hours, ending at the closure of the last monitoring interval.
  • Last 6 hours – The last six hours, ending at the closure of the last monitoring interval.
  • Today – Today from midnight to the current time.

Recent

This section includes the last 10 days.

Historical

• Last 7 days – The last seven days, ending at midnight last night.
  • Last 30 days – The last thirty days, ending at midnight last night.
  • Week to date – The period of time from last Monday 0:00 AM to midnight last night.
  • Full week – The last full week: the period starting on Monday 0:00 AM two weeks ago and ending at midnight on the following Sunday.
  • Month to Date – The period from 0:00 AM on the first day of the current month to midnight last night.
  • Full Month – The last full month: the period starting at 0:00 AM on the first day of last month and ending at midnight on the last day of last month.
  • Last 3 Months – The last three full calendar months, ending at midnight on the last day of last month. For example, if today were August 15, this report would show May 1 this year through July 31 this year.
  • Last 12 Months – The last twelve full calendar months, ending at midnight on the last day of the last month. For example, if today were August 15, this report would show August 1 of last year through July 31 of this year.
  • Quarter to Date – The period from 0:00 AM on the first day of the current quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1) to midnight last night.
  • Year to Date – The period from January 1 this year to midnight last night.

Regards,

Babar

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

DMI reports can be crafted to have sections override (or have different) time settings than the report. Edit the report (not the section) and look for different time settings in the report definition. There should be a "time" tab at the top of the report definition.

Time may be applied to a section, with different resolutions, than what is displayed when looking at the report. I think that may be what is happening to you. The section may have 1 hour resolution, and be cutting off your data as Shane described.

You may want to create a custom report and remove/modify the time settings for your purpose.

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi John,

Thx for your reply, what I also have noticed:

The three graphs on the left use below view

The complete graph on the right uses below view

The month aggregate works fine,

Looking at my applications (with Appl, trans and tier view) , the 1 hour aggregate is also missing after 5 days.

Looking at my applications (with Software service, operation and Site data) no data is missing.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Henk,

The Application, transaction, and tier data, 'Data Views' has some limitations on the aggregation and an exception for the 'Tier' dimension.

This data view provides dimensions and metrics that are common to different types of application layers (tiers). However, it does not allow data aggregation for different tiers on a report - the "Tier" dimension must always be selected when defining the report. The only exception to this rule is when you want to display data for front-end tiers. You do not have to use the "Tier" dimension if you set the "Tier type" to "Data center tier" and the "Is front-end tier" dimension to "Yes".

Regards,

Babar