cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not see all the operations with respect to the application.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello Experts,

I have added one application in DCRUM. When I
extract a report for same I cannot see all the operations which I'm
performing on actual application.

For eg:-I'm able to see
"https://xxx.yyy.com/summary.aspx" in operation. but not able to see
"https://xxx.yyy.com/Activity/Activity list.aspx"

Is there any configuration missing from my side. I have added all the related IP's under software service configuration.

BR,

Akshay

14 REPLIES 14

elvis_castelino
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi Akshay,
Have you tried adding the operation as a "monitored url" ? What are your url-auto learn settings set to ?

Thanks,

Elvis

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

DCRUM does not report every url by default. There is an auto-learning process and other requirements (content type) it follows to report URLs.

Take a look at this article to see if it will help report the operations you are looking at.

Usually if you have a URL that you absolutely want reported all of the time - then, as Elvis said, you can add it as a monitored URL.

Be careful about reporting too many URLs in the system. Database size is affected by how many users are hitting the reported URLs on the servers that are configured.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hi Elvis/ John,

I have already added one of URL that I wanted to reported under URL monitoring but operation with respect to it is not visible.

BR,

Akshay

john_leight
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Try changing the specific entry in URL Monitoring to report all content types - on the content type tab.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hi John,

Tried above setting but still the I cant see expected URL's.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

BR,

Akshay

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello Experts,

Do I need to raise a case with support for this?

BR,

Akshay

It will be hard to troubleshoot without a packet capture from your machine accessing the urls, or a fiddler trace. Being able to review your configuration would also be needed.

You may be able to engage DXS (Dynatrace Expert Services). Contact your Sales, Customer Success or Services Delivery representative for details.

Ashish,
This may not be the case, but in your static monitoring, can you use a regex instead of using the entire url. For eg: use https://xxx.yyy.com/Activity/*" .

It may be possible that the url is not in the same format as you're expecting it to be. Also, I woul...

Elvis

bcox2
Organizer

I am having a similar issue. I have tried setting Auto learn to all. I have added the url monitoring entries using a regex and I am still not able to see a lot of my operations. The other thing I noticed when I did the trace I see "0.0.0.0/" this reported under URL this IP address. I am seeing some urls, but two thirday of my hits are assigned to this "0.0.0.0/' url.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian

Hey Brian, I would suggest opening a support ticket and include a wireshark trace of the software service in question.It may be possible that the url appears in an unexpected format, or the content/type is unrecognized. You could also possible activate ADS captures for this particular software service and see what the output it.
Hope that helps,

Elvis

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello All,

I'm getting some warning message at left corner of CAS console i.e "server cache limit has been exceeded".

Does it cause any impact on operation to be reported?

BR,

Akshay

Hello Akshay,
Yes it does. When server cache limit is exceeded :

• no new servers and URLs will be added to the database
  • existing URLs and servers that CAS already knows are processed as usual

When a new data file is with new servers/urls is processed by the CAS and if cache limit is exceeded in the middle of it - servers will be processed first and then urls. so there might be chances that servers will be recorded and some randomly chosen URLs may be ignnored.

Thanks,

Elvis

There are 2 ways you could go with this. Reduce the number of URLs being reported in your software services (start with the worst offending one first) or increase the limit.

To check which software services have the most URLS being reported - go to the administration console - in the last column select the SQL Console. There is a canned SQL query that shows the software services sorted by most sessions and most URLs (number-of-sessions-diagnostic).

You may have to change one of the lines so that it runs:

select top 10 'Server' attr, SRV.dns_name, count(distinct S.url_id) "operations", count(*) sessions from delta.rtmsession S (nolock)

change dela.rtmsession to just rtmsession

Now review the bottoms section of the table to see which software service/server has the most URLs. Open the software service in the CAS and review the list of operations. If there are URLS with sessionids or you do not need all of the URLS, change to software service to fix that (URL Monitoring or the auto-learning)

If you need all of the URLs, in all of the software services, and the CAS is performing OK, you can increase the cache limit in the admin console as well. Change the capacity settings in the first column.

You'll want to be careful about increasing it too much as the database will grow with more operations being reported on in software services.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello All,

I'm getting some warning message at left corner of CAS console i.e "server cache limit has been exceeded".

Does it causing any impact on operation to be reported?

BR,

Akshay