I have added one application in DCRUM. When I
extract a report for same I cannot see all the operations which I'm
performing on actual application.
For eg:-I'm able to see
"https://xxx.yyy.com/summary.aspx" in operation. but not able to see
Is there any configuration missing from my side. I have added all the related IP's under software service configuration.
DCRUM does not report every url by default. There is an auto-learning process and other requirements (content type) it follows to report URLs.
Take a look at this article to see if it will help report the operations you are looking at.
Usually if you have a URL that you absolutely want reported all of the time - then, as Elvis said, you can add it as a monitored URL.
Be careful about reporting too many URLs in the system. Database size is affected by how many users are hitting the reported URLs on the servers that are configured.
It will be hard to troubleshoot without a packet capture from your machine accessing the urls, or a fiddler trace. Being able to review your configuration would also be needed.
You may be able to engage DXS (Dynatrace Expert Services). Contact your Sales, Customer Success or Services Delivery representative for details.
I am having a similar issue. I have tried setting Auto learn to all. I have added the url monitoring entries using a regex and I am still not able to see a lot of my operations. The other thing I noticed when I did the trace I see "0.0.0.0/" this reported under URL this IP address. I am seeing some urls, but two thirday of my hits are assigned to this "0.0.0.0/' url.
Hey Brian, I would suggest opening a support ticket and include a wireshark trace of the software service in question.It may be possible that the url appears in an unexpected format, or the content/type is unrecognized. You could also possible activate ADS captures for this particular software service and see what the output it.
Hope that helps,
Yes it does. When server cache limit is exceeded :
There are 2 ways you could go with this. Reduce the number of URLs being reported in your software services (start with the worst offending one first) or increase the limit.
To check which software services have the most URLS being reported - go to the administration console - in the last column select the SQL Console. There is a canned SQL query that shows the software services sorted by most sessions and most URLs (number-of-sessions-diagnostic).
You may have to change one of the lines so that it runs:
select top 10 'Server' attr, SRV.dns_name, count(distinct S.url_id) "operations", count(*) sessions from delta.rtmsession S (nolock)
change dela.rtmsession to just rtmsession
Now review the bottoms section of the table to see which software service/server has the most URLs. Open the software service in the CAS and review the list of operations. If there are URLS with sessionids or you do not need all of the URLS, change to software service to fix that (URL Monitoring or the auto-learning)
If you need all of the URLs, in all of the software services, and the CAS is performing OK, you can increase the cache limit in the admin console as well. Change the capacity settings in the first column.
You'll want to be careful about increasing it too much as the database will grow with more operations being reported on in software services.