cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can request attributes or body parameters be used when configuring URL Monitoring?

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Community

I have a website for which the URL or Page Title hardly (if ever) change. Can DC RUM use header values or parameters from the request body to differentiate between pages/actions in URL Monitoring? What other options do I have for setting up URL Monitoring correctly?

Thanks,

Radu

P.S. We're currently on 12.3 but want to hear options for newer versions too

2 REPLIES 2

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Radu,

Please see this link from the documentation:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

I would also recommend to enable ADS Hit and header details. You can also use the wizard which makes configuring paramters very easy.

Any questions, let us know.

Regards,

Harshal.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Radu S.,

I recently got the same request from one of our team to capture the page names from the request body and we have also the same version of DCRUM.

The requester was also not aware about 'Parameter Value', then I used wizard to find the 'pageID' and came to know that I can use the 'Parameter name prefix search' to capture the 'pageID'.

You can use the documented link shared by @Harshal P. for more understanding and I am sharing few screenshots with you, may be helpful in this journey.

I am using the second option to retrieved page names.

I found the name inside the 'Grouping attribute' but you can also check in Custom metrics, Miscellaneous parameters etc..

Regards,

Babar