cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Pull DB Size from REST in 12.4

brett_b2
Inactive

Hello all,

I'm having an issue where I can't pull the DB size from the RESTful interface. This is critical to Target as we monitor our platform health quite closely. I've tried switching the metric between total bytes, reserved bytes, data bytes, index bytes, unused, etc and I get no data. The only metric which actually returns data is configured storage period.

In 12.3, I used to pull the metric using this JSON

{"appId": "HM","viewId": "DbStatus","dataSourceId": "ALL_AGGR","dimensionIds": ["dataProd","tableGrp"],"metricIds": ["avgSize"],"dimFilters": [["tableGrp","ALL",false]],"metricFilters": [],"sort": [],"top": 1000,"resolution": "d","timePeriod": "d","numberOfPeriods": 1}

HM is no longer available though.

This is the path I'm currently trying. If anyone has any recommendations or tips, please let me know!

https:// [CAS_Hostname] /rest/dmiquery/getDMIData3?appId=SYSTEMDIAG&viewId=TableStorage&dimensionIds=[%27dataProd%27]&metricIds=[%27totalB%27]&resolution=r&dimFilters=[]&metricFilters=[]&sort=[]&topFilter=1000&timePeriod=p&numberOfPeriods=1&dataSourceId=ALL_
4 REPLIES 4

brett_b2
Inactive

I have found that if I filter the datasource to localhost, data is reported. I have verified this issue in the CAS:

1. atscon on Master CAS
  2. Database status
    1. Graph works because the filter is localhost
    2. Remove the filter and you receive this error: Column ' Total bytes' cannot be aggregated

That's also the issue I'm receiving from the REST interface. Before, I could split by data source and get the DB size for every one of my CASs in the farm. It seems that in 12.4 I'm not available to show all DB sizes at the same time.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Brett,

I have a same issue with CAS/ADS and we have DCRUM 12.3.7 that when I check the Database Status from the atscon but there is no information even Data Source is localhost.

Regards,

Babar

Hey Babar,

Try changing your resolution to 1 day, then try the time range of today and then the time range of yesterday. The DB metric is only updated once per day, so looking at the last monitoring interval may not return results.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

-Brett

Hello Brett,

I did as per your guidlines but there is no data for the yesterday and one more issue that I am behind more than a month from the current time range e.g. today is 28-Feb-2016 (screenshots are attached for your analysis) and I can see the time range till 12-Jan-2016.

Regards,

Babar