cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Can't create a Baseline Condition Alert

bob_zins
Helper

I'm trying to create a new alert to trigger when the current operation time is 2x the baseline.  When I try to add the monitored metric, Baseline Condition is grayed out.  What am I doing wrong?

7 REPLIES 7

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You have to specify at least one baseline-supported monitored dimension to be able to create a baseline; the list of dimensions that are compatible with baseline alerts is in the manual.  The most commonly used are Software Service and Operation.

Additionally, when combining dimensions, only certain combinations are supported for baseline alerts.

Found it: page 34 of the Alerts Admin guide (v12.2, https://community.compuwareapm.com/community/download/attachments/149463189/DCRUM_AlertSystemAdmin.p... ) has the limitations on baseline alerts, including the list of dimensions and dimension combinations that are supported with baseline alerting.

-- Erik

bob_zins
Helper

OK, I got the Baseline Condition to be available by adding Software Service as a Monitored Dimension, but I still can't get the Alert to do what I need.  What I need is an Alert to break on Task for a given Software Service.  I need to know if any single Task is above the Baseline, not just the Software Service as a whole.  Is this possible?

Erik_Soderquist
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The referenced manual lists the Dimension combinations that work with baseline alerts on page 35, as part of the baseline alert limitations section.  Yes, there is a combination that includes tasks.

-- Erik

I can not locate the page you are referring to because I don't see the Alerts Admin guide (v12.2), and the link you included in your previous post, I do not have rights to.  I do have access to Help Books that I can access for the CAS Help link. 

I've attached the manual to this comment, and am opening an internal ticket for the permissions on the manuals; you should have access to it.  DCRUM_AlertSystemAdmin.pdf

-- Erik

Hi Bob. I am looking into your access rights issue. Are you able to get to the following page? Data Center Real User Monitoring 12.2 Downloads. And from there - if you click on the PDF link next to "Alert System Administration Guide" - can you download that file.

You should have all privilidges to access these attachments. We sometimes however have cases where users get an access denied. This is a problem we have been investigating for a while but dont know the solution yet.

Please confirm if you have access to the DCRUM 12.2 Doc Download page and then try to download some of these attachments. You may also want to try different browsers and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for helping us troubleshooting the problem

When I follow your process I am able to open the PDF (BTW, my default browser is IE 10).  If I copy and paste the link Erik sent me, or click on that link I receive the permissions error.  If copy an paste the link into Chrome, the PDF opens.  Appears to be an issue with IE 10.