cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the format of CSV file created while exporting a DMI report ?

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi,

We defined a server task periodically exporting a DMI report (it works very fine) to CSV file.

Are there some properties file or other configuration to change the format used (add / remove comments, change the csv separator, ...) ?

Kind regards

9 REPLIES 9

ulf_thorn222
Inactive

Hi

CSV stands for Comma Separated Value - why would you want to chamge that?

DSV - dot separated value (smile)?

antoine_buffoto
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi,

It is possible to change the separator/delimitor

For that, in the CAS go to atscon and then, in the interface "General propertie editor" change the parameter "EXPORT_PRINT_DELIMITER" with the character you want

But this new separator will be used for your schedulded task but also for manual export in the CAS report

Regards,

Antoine

dariusz_baromsk
Inactive

Hi  Antoine,

Thank you very much...

jesus_esparza
Newcomer

Hi

it is possible to change the decimal separator? 

when i export data of a report in the browser, the info of metrics that i get is similar to this 1,123456, the problem is when i define a scheduler task, the report appears on the defined route like this 1.222. i need to send daily information using comma as decimal separator so, i did some changes on the regional configuration on the server to try solve the problem and i changed the parameter USER_LOCALE_DECIMAL_SEPARATOR (, instead .) also changed the browser config and still appearing dot instead comma .  i need some help about.
there are some others parameters that i am not considering?

regards

If you go to: http://<YOUR_CAS>/sqlreports and execute:

select * from userproperties where username = 'adminuser' and propertyname like 'USER_LOCALE_%'
select * from userproperties where username = 'superuser' and propertyname like 'USER_LOCALE_%'

SQL queries, what is the output?

jesus_esparza
Newcomer

Hi Adam

These are the request of querys:

1.-  select * from userproperties where username = 'adminuser' and propertyname like 'USER_LOCALE_%'

2.-select * from userproperties where username = 'superuser' and propertyname like 'USER_LOCALE_%'

I hope you can help me the ASAP.

Best Regards 

So decimal separator is set to coma, and dot separates thousands ... condiguration looks good.

Are you on 11.6 version? If so we may have a patch for you.

If not please open support ticket.

jesus_esparza
Newcomer

Hi Adam ,

the version is 12.2.1.44, i will do what you suggest.

thanks a lot

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Does the USER_LOCALE_GROUPING_SYMBOL and other settings change dynamically?
Ie: Whenever a user logs on with a browser with different locale setting, the locale will change?