cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we manually filter what data that get fed into ADS?

Christopher_Cha
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi all,

I'm proposing a new farm architecture for a customer based on their requirements and licenses. The tricky part is to have an ADS working for two CAS which they cannot be placed in the same cluster because of license issue (decodes are not the same), and another CAS with a dedicated ADS. So basically we would have 4 clusters ([CAS1], [CAS2], [ADS1], and [CAS3+ADS2].) I'm wondering if we can manually filter ADS1 to not get the same traffic going into CAS3 so that it will just focus on the software services pumped into CAS1 and CAS2?

Best regards,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

When you create this kind of cluster that is called farms, you need to apply filters. The reason why is if the traffics statsitcs and in some case if the cases has some decodes in common you need to apply filters. The same can be applyed to the ADS. Anyway except that you want to have the CAS3 completely separated I see in your envirmoment 5 Farms 3 for the CAS and 2 for the ADS, then you apply the filters on CAS and ADS. Find attached the image, it comes from the atscon.

You can setup there the manual filter (by software service, analyser, client Ip,ect). The most performance is the one with the client Ip, and unhapilly the harder to apply (reson we have the cluster fonctionality). In your case is not possible due to the decode. You will have slow reports if you use several CAS/ADS that uses a filter diferent from the client IP. the cluster, use to do this filter in automatic.

Christopher_Cha
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Thanks David! This information is crucial for my architecture to work. Thanks again!

Chris