cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Cant get username for some operations in DCRUM.

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hello Expert,

Seeking help to further enhance the user name detection in DCRUM.

We are having 45-50 applications & most of them are SSO authenticated hence it is difficult to find username in initial requests.

As of now I'm looking into the response body of particular URL & written some rule to capture the username but in this case username will be reported if user access that URL.

I also observed in one of my custom report that I can see username for that particular URL/operation but can see the username in front other operation performed by the same user. (Screenshot attached)

Is it possible that username will get visible to all the operations performed by that user? Am I missing any further configuration here like session ID or something else?

BR,

AK

3 REPLIES 3

thun
Advisor

Did you put in something for session recognition like a session id or cookie? This might help to stick together the operations of a single user.

This can be done in the same mask in software service configuration where you put in the username recognition.

Best regards,

Friederike

Hi Friederike,

I'm facing one challenge here,

We have SAP_SESSIONID which is parameter that needs to be configure for session identification. It can retrieve from response header cookie & and then passed through the request header cookie.

So the challenge is, where do I search for a session ID value while configuring, in response header or in request header? & if it should be from response header then will it pass through request header for all the further request/operations/URL's correctly.

BR,

AK

thun
Advisor

Hello AK,

the session ID must be present in all hits.you can configure it within your user identification rule in the software service and the AMD will take care for searching at the right place. Please have a look at the documentation for further information:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Best regards,

Friederike