cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Cant’ see a particular operation in the DMI

gael_lahaye1
Participant

Hello,

I’m quite new to DCRUM (using 12.2.1) and I need a little help to figure something out.

I would like to get statistics on a particular webservice but I find any trace of it in the DMI.

The software service was already created (IP + port), analyzer "SOAP over HTML"

The “validate the SOAP/XML document before parsing” option on the AMD is disabled, just in case

I’ve created a transaction step with a rule : concerned software service – operation mask – “*FO.web*” (part of the webservice's name)

What I’ve checked:

When I go to the RUM console – Add Software service - Traffic by lookup – URL : I can find the desired operation, with a pencil which brings to the existing software service.

I don’t know what can be a good SOAP operation, but I made a capture with “tcpdump”  : I can see conversations with the right server:port, and SOAPaction in the http code : I assume that the SOAP over HTTP analyzer is the good choice.

The problems:

When I make the step, The matching data preview window for the current day keeps empty.

When I define a report with only “Operation” as dimension, filtered on a part of the desired operation “*FO.web*”,  or a report based on my transaction step : I can’t this operation.

What should I do to see this operation in the DMI ?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Regards,

Gaël

2 REPLIES 2

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Gaël,

If I correctly understand the problem "FO.web" is a part of the HTTP URL that carries SOAP content.

This URL is parsed by the AMD and the part after last slash becomes a value of "Service" dimension in DMI.

But Operation is extracted from SOAP content and does not rely on HTTP URLs.

Take a look at "Service" dimension in DMI that should contain this "FO.web".

P.S. If you;re not interested in SOAP content only HTTP layer you can use HTTP analyzer instead of SOAP over HTTP.

gael_lahaye1
Participant

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

In my DMI, the service dimension returns only "All other"

As you said, the URL is parsed, that explains why I couldn't find FO.web.

I finally could find this operation with the last part as filter.

I tried to find the FO.web part because most of the operation names are the URL beginning after the server name.

A Regex has been set on some rules of this software service, but not everywhere, and of course not on the server which hosts this webservice.

I applied an adapted regex for this server and it works now as expected.

Regards,

Gaël