cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Change AMD zdata storage directory

carlos_chang
Inactive

Hi guys,

The default path is /var/spool/adlex/rtm on AMD.

For precise authority control, is it possible to change AMD zdata storage directory or assign to some other remote machine?

4 REPLIES 4

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Carlos,

You can use the symbolic link for this purpose which had used in the past due to insufficient disk space.

• Jus make a new folder e.g. mkdir new_destination_folder on the desired locatoin THEN stop the applicaiton AND
  • mv rtm/* new_destination_folder THEN
  • rm rtm THEN use the following command to make a symbolic link
  • ln -s rtm /fullpath/new_destination_folder

Regards,

Babar

Symbolic links for this purpose are not supported, and have been known to be broken by the installer package in some circumstances.

I highly recommend using bind mounts if keeping everything in a single filesystem is not possible.

Additionally, connecting to a remote machine may introduce datafile creation delays if the network is unable to keep up with the data volume your AMD is producing.

-- Erik

Hi Carlos,

you can even consider mounting and using a different file system mounted at /var/spool/adlex. It all depends on your specific situation. And I agree with Eric, symbolic linking isn't the best choice in this case.

carlos_chang
Inactive

There is a LOCAL PROBE LIST could be modify in Administration console, is this the place that I can change zdata storage directory?