cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing time frame of an email alert report URL

matthew_klaus22
Inactive

Our users like to see the heat chart for synthetic alerting when an email alert is triggered. We are using the “Add Report URL” to the message template.  “ Synthetic - Application Performance” report and it adds the following URL in the body:

{urlHostBase}/LSServlet?dmiAction=Generate&lsAction=LoadByName&lsEntryName=Synthetic+-+Application+Performance&FILTER_bgAppl={encodeURL(1)}&FILTER_bgTrans={encodeURL(2)}&startTime={sTS}&endTime={eTSzdata}

Works great but can we have the report show the last 6 hours instead of the last interval by customizing the url? I assume we would need to chage or add to startTime={sTS}&endTime={eTSzdata}. I understand they could simply change the Time Range after the report comes up but the help desk and business/application owners do not always know that function. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

It was long ago when I tested ways to create URLs in DCRUM, but I believe the parameter ptime_RangeType_ could maybe help. You can include it in an URL e,g. like

...&FILTER_bgTrans={encodeURL(2)}&ptime_RangeType_=6h&...

Possible values should be 2h, 4h, ..., Today, 1d, ...
("1d" means "yesterday")

I used URLs with this parameter in task definition files and it worked for that requirement. I never triggered email alerts so I don't know if you can edit/manipulate the (automatically ?) added URL in the body to test it.

cosmin_gherghel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Matthew,

I think a simpler solution would be change the default time range of the report to last 6 hours. This way you would not need to mess with the URL.

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

Is there a place that documents the URL parameters?

Joshua_Clay
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi Matthew,

It may be considerably easier as Cosmin has suggested to simply duplicate the report with a different time frame, and then utilize the generated URL.

Additionally, you could create some user groups to control the time frames which different teams are concerned with. I have seen this help for different levels of analysis/troubleshooting. Therefore you can limit the users to the time-frame of the reports they need most.

Hope you find your solution soon!

Joshua