cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Check past ADOD data

Shirai
Guide

Our customers are planning to use NAM2018's ADoD feature.

We received the following questions from our customers:

•  Can I view ADoD data yesterday?
  •  Can I view ADOD data a week ago?

We believe that ADOD data can not hold long-term data. But we do not have specific information about the ADOD data retention period.

I am looking for information related to this question.

2 REPLIES 2

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

ADOD data is stored on AMD (probe) disk. Oldest data is purged when disk space gets exhausted and space for new data needs to be made. The larger AMD disk, the more ADOD data can be stored. Exact amount of space required depends on the profile of data in customer environment - how much traffic is there, how many applications are monitored etc - so it needs to be checked individually.

Of course the more data, the faster the disk should be, to assure that searches through long periods wont take forever.

Please keep in mind that ADOD data should be accessed with as specific filters as possible, to avoid searches and transfers of large sets of data. For example, don't retrieve user activity for the whole day if analysis focuses on e.g. 30 min period in the morning.

Hope this helps

Thank you for reply.

We test ADOD functionality in the customer environment and try to verify the data retention period.