cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citrix VDI reporting?

anthony_p2
Inactive

Hi all,

I have to create a single Citrix VDI report where server ip of the VDI becomes the client IP of the Siebel client... e.g

Citrix-------->VDI ( Citrix server IP)-------------Siebel server.

This is required as we need to show the full end-to-end of the Citrix user accessing the Siebel server.

Is there any easy way to link this in the DMI???

Or do I have to use Splunk or some other BI tool????

Regards

AP

5 REPLIES 5

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Anthony,

We support VDI as Citrix servers, but there are no TCAMs there. So VDI will play as a client to Siebel (who will be a server), but we won't get real client IP as it's taken from TCAM ...

anthony_p2
Inactive

Would this apply if a VDI served only one user??? e.g. one citrix user per VDI???

Yes.

tore_davidsen
Newcomer

So Adam; should I then configure the VDI servers using the Citrix decode? Will I get published apps, or what out of this?

@Tore D., what DC RUM version are you on? If it's 12.4, I suggest you start from the Discovery report to see what it's on the network and then based on that you'll see what's missing for you. Then you can use the built-in Citrix workflow and again verify whether that works for you without a need to modify that.

Definitely, you need the Citrix analyzer to see what's wrapped in the ICA protocol (the Citrix server native protocol). TCAM is basically an agent that you install on Citrix servers to provide end user ID mapping, which is normally terminated by Citrix servers. Refer to the DC RUM documentation on Citrix before you start working with the configuration.