cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidate Alert Emails

lee_harris
Newcomer

When sending DCRUM alerts, is it possible to add all eMail addresses to 1 eMail? For example, we had an issue today and the alert was sent to 2 groups - as a member of both groups I don't need 2 separate eMails for the same issue. Thanks, in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Lee,

This issue is an Microsoft Office Exchange issue; if Outlook detects that a user is part of two distribution lists, then only send an email once.

Or you might need to create an Outlook rule to delete duplicate emails.

DC RUM is only sending the email to both the distribution lists.

Regards,

Harshal.

lee_harris
Newcomer

Thanks for your reply Harshal. Creating an Outlook rule to delete the duplicates isn't really practical, since potentially it includes a large number of users. Better to reduce bandwidth used and only send half the number of eMails. We don't see this behavior with our other tools, so I'm curious why you don't think this is a DCRUM issue. Your closing statement is that DCRUM is only sending the eMail to both the distribution lists. Are you saying that it is NOT sending a separate eMail to both lists? What our other tools do is consolidate all eMail addresses for an alert, so they are all in the same To: line of an eMail. That is the time that I believe Outlook handles not sending duplicates.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Lee,

You might want to try this solution:

Create a local user in the RUM Console. In the email address for that local user, add both the distribution lists separated by a comma.

DistributionList1,DistributionList2

Then edit the alert so that the alert is sent to the local user you created.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Regards,

Harshal.