cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Creating sub-grouping under a single application

Hi all... need some assistance  .... I have a user request to create a DMI report for sites within Sharepoint infrastructure. I can create a report manually filtering with each site name from the UR, but this looks to be a very cumbersome and time consuming effort.  Is there a better way to accomplish this?  I am thinking conceptually the following:

Application: Sharepoint

Sites:  AAA

Sites:  BBB

4 REPLIES 4

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Martin,

Do I understand you right that you want to report only on Sites that are using this Application?

If so then It should be enough to do:

or am I missing something?

The report will list only SItes that are related to the traffic that concerns this Application ...

Hi Adam .. thanks for the feedback, but I think my wording was incorrect.  Sites ... I was referring to Sharepoint sites .... for example ... within the URL is the string identified site name:

/sites/pmo/   = PMO Site

/sites/underwriting/  = Underwriting Site

/sites/contactcenter/  = Contact Center Site

The main application name is "Sharepoint" ... I am trying to define the PMO as a sub-application or some easy form of grouping which would include all URLs "*/sites/pmo/*" that can be reported on.  we have 100s of sites and am trying not to have to do this manually.

adam_piotrowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

OK, then I believe that Transactions as a groups of given URLs would help... 

Under Application in BUC create "PMO" Transaction and add */sites/pmo/* as its definition. 

awww yes ... great idea, let me try it.  Thanks very much.