cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom DMI reports taking too much time to load

meenakshi_p
Guide

Custom DMI reports taking too much time to load , around 3-4 hours to fetch 2 weeks old data. Any clues please?

9 REPLIES 9

Are you using users related dimensions or metrics in your reports? If yes, try to remove them, and check if it will change the time to load.

meenakshi_p
Guide

Hi Barbara, I need to fetch a report with client IP and Client Site with some other 3-4 metrics. I can't exclude these metrics from report. Is there any other way to troubleshoot it.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

What is the resolution of your report?

• Resolution defines the
    source of data used for the generation of your report: raw data or aggregate
    values. If the resolution is 1 period, 1 hour, or 6 hours,
    the report is generated directly from the raw data gathered by the AMD. If the
    resolution is greater than 6 hours, the
    report is generated from aggregate values such as sums, averages, maximums, and
    minimums, depending on the type of the metric.
  • Generating reports based on aggregates is
    faster than generating reports from raw data, because aggregate values are
    usually pre-calculated and so do not need to be computed afresh for your
    report.

Regards,

Babar

meenakshi_p
Guide

It is one day resolution I am taking to fetch two weeks old data. Still reports are not getting displayed timely.

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

How much time is taking the report?

Sometimes it can take more than half an hour, depends on the data/aggregation/resolution and also the specifications of SQL server.

• Pre-loading Report Data: If you save a report that has a long execution time or uses Recent or Historical time range, you can arrange for data needed by that report to be generated and pre-loaded in cache. The data in cache is automatically updated whenever it becomes out of date, thus the report is always ready to be displayed.

• For example, a daily trend report becomes out of date at midnight and needs new data. To enable pre-loading of the report data, open the Load/Organize Reports screen and on the Report Dashboard tab, select the Pre-load report data check box.

Regards,

Babar

meenakshi_p
Guide

Hi Babar,

This report is taking around 3-4 hours minimum to display the data of last 2 weeks and if I select for last 5 minutes, it don't take more than 5 sec to display the data. I will enable this pre-load report data feature. However the concern is we have many reports and for all reports it takes this much time if we select longer time frame than a week.

Best regards,

Meenakshi Panwar

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

The report server (CAS or ADS) platform should meet or exceed the recommended requirements.

Have a look on the following link:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Do you have a local DB or Remote DB for the reporting servers?

Regards,

Babar

meenakshi_p
Guide

Hi Babar,

Its local DB only and having exceeded recommended configuration.

Is their anything we can tweak around Java parameters for maximum and minimum

Best Regards,

Meenakshi Panwar

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Meenakshi,

You can increase the memory for the CAS and ADS by editing the regedit key in the following way. Please make a backup of the key before you edit it.

• Regedit-->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->ADLEX–>Compuware Central Analysis Server (on the CAS Machine)–>Edit the Xmx parameter in the javaParams argument. Right click and click modify.
  • Regedit-->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->ADLEX–>Compuware Advanced Diagnostics Server (on the CAS Machine)–>Edit the Xmx parameter in the javaParams argument. Right click and click modify.
  • The Xmx value is defined in MB, so for example 32 GB would be (32*1024 = 32768)
  • Restart the CAS/ADS service.

Regards,

Babar