cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC RUM AMD Load Sharing on different versions of Redhat

emeck
Contributor

Are there any known issues with running different versions on a load shared set of AMD servers? We have a Redhat 6.6 and 6.5 server that we want to configure in a load share, and would like to know if this is doable without a full rebuild of the 6.5 server. Thoughts?

This will be on DC RUM 12.4.2

4 REPLIES 4

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Erich,

Are you asking if you can have two different versions of RedHat AMDs both processing traffic for the same CAS/ADS cluster? Do you mean load sharing from a gigamon -> AMD perspective or AMD + AMD -> CAS?

Right, the same CAS/ADS cluster. These AMD's will be configured for load sharing on the same data feed coming from the gigamon tool ports.

Okay, I can't speak to known issues, but I don't foresee an issue here. I have previously ran two different RHEL builds (5.6 and 6.5) and it didn't seem to make a difference.

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

No there's no technical limit stopping you. There may be some performance/compatibility/security issues arise, from different kernel and library versions on Red Hat.

It'd make sense from a manageability perspective to have all AMDs at the same versions.

You shouldn't need to "full rebuild" to get from 6.5 to 6.6. It can be done easily online, or still pretty easily offline using a 6.6 ISO image/DVD.

Using a guide like this: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/redhat-centos-fedor... you can mount a 6.6 ISO file, and upgrade locally without internet access required.