cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DC RUM Alerts - not alerting during night hours

ibabinec
Newcomer

Hello,

Is it possible (for inst. by defining a filter for transaction timestamp ..) to suppress Alerting during night hours (but NOT for ALL alerts by defining Bussines Hours settings). We have a reequests for this. (In APPMON it is possible by Create Downtime)

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ivo,

We can control the alerts only with the business hours settings and there is no option available in the DCRUM yet like APPMON.

The only thing that you can Modify alert propagation settings if it works for you.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Yes We know and use the (above linked options) in propagation settings, but it doesnt solve the case.
Anyway, Thanks for the answer.
-ivo-

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Contemplating on this matter more often, I'm under the impression that use of an (intelligent) alert&event handling product, acting as broker between input-resources (log, mail!, etc), and output destinations (mail,log, ticket etc) is the way to go.

Taming bare event spitting systems, which CAS can be as well, to avoid the so called Alert Fatigue in the Ops Environment.

Correlation, and (on-call) scheduling being a must. I have been looking for handlers that handle also email, but not found the holy grail. I came across a product called PagerDuty which claims this functionality, however.

Dynatrace's own product BSM could perhaps be used for such a purpose.