cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC-RUM data to Splunk : what is the correct view ID for using TCAM metrics with Partner_Export.yaml?

nethier
Contributor

Hi, I'm attempting to configure a new data export to be picked up by the DCRUMSplunkApp on our Splunk servers from the PartnerExport directory on CAS. In order to successfully generate partner export files with DMI reports in DC-RUM it is required to grab data from cache views. Typically with my other exports this means either TierCache, or CVCache, etc. I seem to be unable to locate the correct cache view for TCAM data - does anyone know what the correct view ID would be for TCAM metrics?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Krzysztof_Ziemi
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

There is no cache data view for TCAM. TCAM doesn't produce enough data volumes to warrant cache usage. So you need to rely on regular DMI data view for TCAM metrics, which shouldn't be a big issue because database select queries that populate this data view should be fast. Unless your CAS is heavily loaded, then these TCAM data exports ran every 5-min may task it even more, impairing everyone else...

nethier
Contributor

Thank you Kris. Unfortunately when I attempt to use non-cache views in the DMI set for export it causes the export job to fail - see error below.

{noformat}
2 RPTEX 18-08-17 19:01:48.934 PartnerExportJob Processing Citrix_Farm_Stats_to_Splunk...
W RPTEX 18-08-17 19:01:48.937 Unsupported Application/View CVENT.Citrix for subject data section in report: Citrix_Farm_Stats_to_Splunk

{noformat}