cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DC RUM - seconds in alert definition but milisseconds in Alerts explorer Metric value {18} parameter

imoskovko1
Inactive

Hello

Can one suggest. I am confused...

In

Console -> Alert management -> Configuration wizard -> Triggering and propagation settings -> Monitored metric

i set "Alert will be raised when the metric value fulfills the following conditions:"

"current value is" grater then 4 s (seconds)

then in Alert notification i use {17} as Metric value and {18} as Unit of measure

But in Alerts explorer i have alert message in ms (miliseconds). Screenshots attached.

This behavior is very missleading.

Product is Dynatrace Data Center RUM 2017 May SP5 build:17.0.5.242

Kind thanks!

Regards, Igor

oks correct. But threshhold is definityly incorrect.

4 REPLIES 4

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Igor,

You're right, threshold is presented incorrectly in notification message which is misleading. This is a mistake which we need to fix. .

Thank you for pointing this out.

Best Regards

Jacek

imoskovko1
Inactive

Thanks alot!

Jacek_Janowicz
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Igor,

After further analysis we decided not to change the way notifications work in 17.0.x versions and provide more general solution in NAM 2018, which include much more significant changes to whole alerts mechanism.

It doesn't mean there is no way to improve situation for release 17 (and earlier). My recommendation for you would be to modify notification message for alerts based on time metrics - for printing the threshold value please, replace current '{7} {6}' representing threshold and unit with '{7} s'. I realize that it is not perfect solution, but I think it may work as reasonable workaround.

Best Regards

Jacek

imoskovko1
Inactive

Thank you. Seams to be not the largest problem.