cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DCRUM 12.3 TASKS EXECUTE command

wim_desmecht
Organizer

After upgrading to DCRUM12.3 (from 12.1) I cannot find the TASKS EXECUTE command anymore. According to the 12.3 documentation it should still be in Tools > Diagnostics > Console, however it is not (sad).

I can only see SCHEDULER STATUS, but that one does not newly added tasks (as before I add them to <install_dir>\config\tasks-901-fchreports.xml (tasks-901-fchreports.xml is our own file for custom tasks).

In the old release the newly added files were visible without CAS restart, is this still the case?

Wim.

4 REPLIES 4

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Wim

When you click on the SCHEDULER STATUS option at the top you will see a button TASKS SCHEDULE STATUS. When you click this you should get a view similar to before. From here you can manually execute tasks. As far as i know a restart is not required in 12.3 for new tasks to appear.

To manually execute a task tick the execute box beside the task name, set the times at the top then at the bottom click start manuiial tasks.

Regards

Alasdair

wim_desmecht
Organizer

Hello Alasdair,

I tried this already, but the timerange limits the display to what is already executed:

The file was changed after 2015-08-12 12:00

I tried changing the end date to 2015-08-13 12:00, but this has no effect.

Wim.

alasdair_patton
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Wim

I will double check this in my system but i am pretty sure they show up there still even if the task has not been executed.

Can you check your server.log file for the CAS for any errors importing the task file?

Regards

Alasdair

wim_desmecht
Organizer

Problem is fixed. It seemed there was a problem when the file was copied to the server (old file had kept .xml suffix).

After removing the old xml file and copying the new file in its place, the problem is solved. (smile)

Still it's a good idea to change the documentation (wink)

Wim.