Did you mean: 

DCRUM 12.4.10 - no current time in Software Service view

skung
Organizer

12.4.10 Software Service right up corner does not have timestamp as before -

12.4.10 2016-09-15-07h26-51.png

12.4.6 2016-09-15-07h27-52.png

7 REPLIES 7

Sharyl, this is an intended change based on explicit UX team recommendation to remove all debug clutter from the repot view. This debug information remains in PDF exports. You can temporary enable add that information to your current view by hitting Alt+Shift+Ctrl (or Cmd on Mac) + D.

Thanks. It works. I found it's helpful to show it on DMI.

May be our UX team need an end user feedback loop so they understand how DCRUM gets used. This is a highly useful feature, I've been getting requests to make this more visible especially in a NOC like environment. Will raise an RFE soon.

@sID G., I totally agree with you.

This information is crucial and needs to be displayed all the time, it's not a matter of clean UI, it's a matter of usability. I believe this RFE needs to be raised ASAP. Please let us know if you've already opened it.

Just an example of how crucial the information is: how would you know what is the time of "Last monitoring interval"?

Sid, I'm looking forward to that RFE. Next release will feature the unified time control. It's perfect timing to make sure it covers important use cases. Thanks.

ulf_thornander3
Inactive

In a NOC, you need a timestamp on the dashboard. If you don't have that, there is no good way of telling if a screen is current against another screen (perhaps from another vendor/source).

Neither can you tell whether the data is in sync with each other or the "real World".

The problem is as old as the PC's

https://blog.codinghorror.com/keeping-time-on-the-pc/

Where is that RFE 🙂 ?

Ulf, we do show detailed timestamp in the full screen mode that was designed for NOC. See https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/161889/ability-to-increase-size-and-colour-of-last-update.html for the discussion around this RFE.