cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DCRUM CAS environment and SQL server monitoring

seyhun_babacan_
Newcomer

Hi,

we have a DCRUM CAS setup in our environment which i am about to work on and just learning it. i was wondering what we need to do monitor SQL server/DB if possible.i know CAS is only on network and application level so we can't monitor CPU IO memory usage etc,so would be possible to add those services to our current DCRUM CAS environment or do we have to go different route or maybe add a different DynaTrace product(DynaTraceAppMon)?can we add other prodcuts on top of what we have already?

Thank you for your patience and help

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Seyhun,

With DCRUM you are able to get insights into Database performance with the CAS. All you need to do is create a software service based on the DB you wish to monitor. You will need at least the IP/Port and DB type being used to create your software service. Be sure to select the correct analyzer from the list that matches the DB in question. Certain DB vendors have different analyzer types. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Nathan

seyhun_babacan_
Newcomer

Hey Nathan,

thanks for the response and i apologize for replying so late.like i said,the environment was set up by a different team and they are way behind on the version(12.3.7) and i don't have any access to configuration.and i would solely act on the information they give me.and they are still saying that we need licenses for SQL.

Thanks again Nathan

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

No worries Seyhun,

So based on that it seems that you may not have the needed decode to track certain DB traffic in your environment. This should be doable from a product perspective even in 12.3.7. you may just not have the license for it. If thats the case you have several options from a product perspective to monitor DB performance. Id recommend you confirm that your current DCRUM license doesn't cover the DB your looking to monitor before exploring other products. thanks

seyhun_babacan_
Newcomer

That is correct,they say they will put an inquiry for the extra licenses and pricing.It is just that i have no control over the environment or access to its config and i am required make a recommendation:).and so far configuring an environment with DCRUM CAS has been a challenge.

we want to be able to monitor CPU,IO memory usage so basically host monitoring as well as application monitoring,so i think DT Appmon and UEM would be the best product for us.

Thanks Again for the quick response Nathan.This is such a powerful tool and and i am sure i will have many more questions when i start exploring more:)

Seyhun