cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DCRUM LDAP User Password Reset

ymaaa
Organizer

Hi There,

When I use 'user setting' in CAS to change password of a LDAP user, it that really change the that user's LDAP password?

Thanks

YC

4 REPLIES 4

mark_gerards
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello YC,

I think it should not be possible to change the password for LDAP users via the CSS or the CAS. I know if you select the user in the CSS the password field and mail address is greyed out.

I would expect that in the CAS User Settings this would be greyed out as well, in case it is a LDAP user. Apparently as your screenshot showed it is not greyed out I still think it will not change the password. However can not provide you 100% garantuee.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for answering this question. You're right. The '"password" in CSS is disabled. I asked a couple of my colleagues. Their "password" field in CAS user setting are all enabled. If that will not change the LDAP password, what will happened if a user try to use that function.

Thanks again

YC

Dear YC,

I believe if you check the CSS the user password and email address is greyed out. In this case I would expect that even in the CAS it is not greyed out, it will perform no action or provides a error in the CAS when you try it.

However I have never tested it before and have no environment available were to test it. So if you want 100% garantuee then I would suggest to open a P4 ticket for this question.

Kind regards,

Mark

chris_v
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

That functioanlity doesn not work for LDAP users. They can't change their password from the CAS.