cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCRUM Moogsoft Integration via REST API

kunnal_sakhuja
Newcomer

Hello Community, I have a question on DCRUM integration with Moogsoft tool which is a Alerting tool & we have created a REST API feature to enable this. We are looking for severity details which comes with an event whether the alert is severe or a warning. I explored the documentation but unfortunately I was unable to find. Can you please help to answer this that how this be checked or enabled to see the event severity in any of the dimensions field. Also there is an Event type which refer as "Alert Started" now the question is when the event is closed, Do we get the message in Event type like Alert stopped or finished

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Kunnal,

You can send the notification on the finished alert whether you are using email or the script.

Under the alert recipients e.g. choose the script and then click on the Actions > Edit notifications then you will find the shared screenshot area.

Regards,

Babar

kunnal_sakhuja
Newcomer

Hi Babar, Thanks for your reply. Just for the information we are using REST API. The above solution you shared is more to notify users that problem/event is closed where my query is how the 3rd party alerting tool like Moogsoft comes to know whether the alert comes as new or this is old one. So in that case which dimension value we can take to notify Moogsoft tool that alert is new or older one. The second question is on Event Severity. Which dimension value we can pick to notify Moogsoft tool that event is a Warning or severe one.

Regards,

Kunnal

Hello Kunnal,

I am not much aware about the Moogsoft functionality. We are using the msend script (BMC Product) to send all the events and then controlling from the configuration file e.g. Severity Levels, Recipients and also a key word False means an incident opened and True means an incident closed and vice versa.

Usage scenarios for alerts

The alert system can satisfy various user requirements and operational scenarios, such as:

• Notifying the recipient of both the beginning and the end of the alert condition. The user is notified when an alert condition is raised and also when the situation returns to normal.
  • Notifying the recipient only if a given condition lasts for a certain period of time, or if a given event is repeated several times. This enables the user to focus on real issues and not on insignificant or intermittent glitches.
  • Notifying the recipient several times at regular intervals throughout the duration of the problem.

Have a look on the below link for the understanding of DCRUM REST API.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/dcrum/using-rest-based-web-services/

Regards,

Babar