cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

DCRUM Software Service Retirement

jcotton
Newcomer

We have had the DC RUM tool set for several years, version 11.0, 11.5, 11.7, 12.01 currently. We have also under gone several large infrastructure changes that have ushered in changes to the structure of our Software Services defined within the Console (VCAEUE) tool. We have also had several changes to the naming conventions that have been used for these Software Services.

Our current issue is as follows: we have several new groups of individuals that are looking at this software and creating DMI reports. All of the old Software services despite being deleted completely from the Console (VCAEUE) still persist in drop down and filter menus throughout the product. I have yet to find a way to remove old software services from the database to ensure that new users are able to get to the necessary information without getting frustrated by looking at similarly names instances that have not seen traffic for more than a year.

I am hoping there is a query that can be run on the database to see if the software service has not had any traffic in 30, 60, 180 days, purge from the database and remove from drop down menus.

Thank you for your help

-Jay

4 REPLIES 4

brian_terhaar1
Newcomer

Jay,

There is no currently supported way to remove those extraneous entries. If you'd like you can open a support case and we can add you to a current enhancement or create a new enhancement for this.

Regards,

-Brian

jcotton
Newcomer

Thank you Brian.

I have submitted a support ticket for this enhancement

your Case number has been added to Enhancement Request APMODCRUM-1497 for the ability to selectively remove outdated Software Services from the CAS database and dropdown menus

you may follow up on the Enhancement Request with Product Management through your sales rep

— Erik

jeroen_hautekee
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi, anyone know if this enhancement request ever made it into later releases (12.4 ?) ?

If yes, how can I use it ?