cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMI Reports Full month time range

pierrick_planc2
Inactive

Hi Team,

I am wondering how you would address the need of a monthly DMI report sent by mail to the customer, using DCRUM 12.3.7.

The scheduling works perfectly and it's nice to be able to send a report the first day on the month, however this feature becomes irrelevant if you can't select the proper Time Range.

I thought there was one Time Range called "Full Month" but apparently I was mistaking, so my question is:

How do you make sure you get the data for the entire last Month / current month ?

"Last 30 days" simply doesn't work if I schedule my DMI to be sent the first day of every month.

Thanks,

- Pierrick.

6 REPLIES 6

bcox2
Organizer

I am running 12.4.2 and I have a Full Month option, but I only see it when I am creating a new report.

See the screenshot from the documentation below.

Thanks for the reply, good to see I am not crazy.

So the question is, why can't I see "Full Month" on custom DMI reports.

You are right if I create a new one I see it, however my previously existing DMIs are not showing this time range.

Note that the Data View I'm using is "Synthetic and Sequence Transaction data",

Cheers.

bcox2
Organizer

Same here. My existing reports do not have that option, but new ones do. My only guess would be that they added that Time range in one of the version we upgraded through, and so older reports do not have the option.

It would make sense, but I'm running a clean 12.3.7 install and the DMI was created after the installation, si it can't be that in my case.

luke_boyling
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

@Pierrick Planchon Does the report contain benchmark data by any chance? On 12.2.3 (and I presume later versions as well) if there is at least one section with a benchmark data view selected, the options for the historical time ranges are limited to "Last 7 days", "Last 30 days", "Week to date", and "Full week". To test this, I edited the Synthetic - Application Performance report and removed all the benchmark data from the sections, and the full list of time ranges came back (including "Full Month").

@Luke Boyling That's a great catch ! I did have benchmark data so I had to remove it.

This should fix my issue so thanks a lot, I'll ask the support team to add this comment to the documentation.

Cheers,